1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tell us what exhaust you have and what does it sound like? thx

b/w i think i will go with Greddy Evolution

· Registered
956 Posts
stock exhuast and i think it sounds like stock, a little rattle, i think thats performance....

· Registered
1,227 Posts
rimshaker said:
Tanabe Hypermedalion. 60mm piping with 100mm tip. Quietest catback for 4th gens available. I've never heard anything quieter. Maybe the RS*R would, but they're not imported anymore.
really? i thougth those were supposed to be loud? so they have that bigass can w/ only a lil sound coming out of them?:confused:

· Registered
4 Posts
munkeysoup said:

really? i thougth those were supposed to be loud? so they have that bigass can w/ only a lil sound coming out of them?:confused:
Loud?? Big can?? The loudest ones are with the small round canister shapes. The hypermedalion muffler has the traditional oval shape like stock. The bigger the can doesn't literally mean the bigger the sound. It's got a deep sound though... nice. Not like the fart cans.

You might be thinking of Tanabe racing medalions or something. Those are the rounded shape ones... and yes, they are loud.

· Registered
1,227 Posts
rimshaker said:

Loud?? Big can?? The loudest ones are with the small round canister shapes. The hypermedalion muffler has the traditional oval shape like stock. The bigger the can doesn't literally mean the bigger the sound. It's got a deep sound though... nice. Not like the fart cans.

You might be thinking of Tanabe racing medalions or something. Those are the rounded shape ones... and yes, they are loud.
:eek: guess i was wrong.:) the only tanabe hyper medallions ive seen are for the 6th gen v6 and i remember it being huge and the dood who had it saying it was loud. maybe he didnt have a resonator on it or something, i dunno.

· Registered
1,319 Posts
I have the DC Sports all-stainless catback. It works great *now*, since I had an automatic it needed a little bit of modification (at the factory) since the auto tranny was loading the exhaust a little bit at idle and making it vibrate when it was cold. However, I showed the problem to the DC sports R+D guys, and I think they've since fixed it. But I'm very happy with it, it sounds and looks great, plus it's all stainless, so it'll never rust. :-D

The DC sports Direct Air Charger IS a lot louder than the exhaust, though, esp. at high revs. Basically, you hear the exhaust (low) huuuummmmm... at low revs and the groooooooOOOOWWWLLL of the air intake at high revs.

· Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice...i like the really low growling ones not the farty ones....right now im considering Greddy EVO
now with your inputs ill check out other exhausts including DC Sports:)

· Registered
144 Posts
Greddy EVO all the way! It sounds sweet!

· Registered
1,041 Posts
my girlfriends 92 4dr has the dc sports ceramic headers and catback. All dc, it sounds perfect for her, smooth and quiet until she floors it, that thing sounds mean.

I have an arospeed for now. Plannin on going Greddy headers with a race cat and 2.25" pipping all the way back to 2 apexi N1s. See how that sounds. almost got the cash too. lates

· Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is there something specific to look for when buying exhaust...for instance which shapes make low growling sound? thx

· Registered
24 Posts
NyQuiL said:
stock exhuast and i think it sounds like stock, a little rattle, i think thats performance....
oh ya that's performance, ,, and so are my SPEED WHOLES :D

· Registered
261 Posts
I just got an AirMass Thundermuff system and it's really nice sounding if you really like to hear exhaust. My girlfriend does, so that's cool, but I can't hear my AEM cai anymore. A lot of people would probably make fun of my exhaust, but it's the same one they always use on TNN tv. You know like the red Integ on Crank and Chrome and more recently the green Civic on Horsepower TV that they're still modding? I thought if they always use it, it was either cheap sponsering or good. I did some research and found out Holly actually makes them and they aren't bad at all unless a basketball gets stuck in the tip:laughy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.