Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What exhaust would look nice and sound nice on my car? I was thinking greddy evolution but i saw a tanabe dtm i think on a lude the other day and it looked and sounded great so i dunno. I just want somthing that looks clean and sounds real nice but not to loud. Any opinions?

· Registered
1,336 Posts
i_krayzie_i said:

What exhaust would look nice and sound nice on my car? I was thinking greddy evolution but i saw a tanabe dtm i think on a lude the other day and it looked and sounded great so i dunno. I just want somthing that looks clean and sounds real nice but not to loud. Any opinions?
Apex n1 :) looks better on a lude then a rm imo :)

· Registered
1,612 Posts
It sounds great. Quite at idle and roars in VTEC. Some people disagree, some people agree...... Personal taste I guess. Good solid gains as well. (As far as exhausts go that is)

· Registered
2,115 Posts
Ludeboy said:
The Tanabe is a good exhaust as well, but they are really, really loud. Kinda like the Tanabe RM.
STOP generalizing all tanabe exhausts! im tired of everyone saying that tanabe exhausts are loud in general. i have a tanabe hyper medalion on my car and it is NOT loud. its one of the quietest exhausts you will find for a prelude.

· Registered
2,650 Posts
Well I have the Tanabe DTM on my Lude and truth be told, it is kind of loud. But if you compare the DTM's muffler size to the G-Power or Hyper medalions, you'll see why. It's so small and thin, but it also has great clearance. Sounds and looks great though. And nothing looks better on an OEM or RS kit equipped Lude than a set of DTM tips :D

· Registered
484 Posts
I got a greddy evo and i love it. I'd highly recomend it. It is a very quiet exhaust and loox pretty sweet too. The tip is a little oversized at first, but you get used to it. The evo has good mid to high rpm gains and little or no lower rpm loss

· Registered
1,612 Posts
4bidden said:

STOP generalizing all tanabe exhausts! im tired of everyone saying that tanabe exhausts are loud in general. i have a tanabe hyper medalion on my car and it is NOT loud. its one of the quietest exhausts you will find for a prelude.
I am not generalizing. I said the RM and DTM. Not the HM. All DTM exhausts are typically loud because of the design. The RM is also very loud.

· Registered
119 Posts
Someone should start a FAQ for exhaust systems (with pictures).

Does anyone have pictures of the Tanabe Hyper Medalion on a 5th Gen Prelude? I just ordered the NEW Tanabe SUPER Hyper Medalion cause it was such a sweet deal. The muffler is exactly the same but the piping is completely stainless steel!!! Gotta love that!!

I heard a lot of good things about the Greddy EVO, however, I also heard that it hangs down pretty low due to the round canister so I didn't buy it.

But if anyone has pics of the Tanabe Hyper Medalion, please, please, please post! Thanks!

· Registered
2,115 Posts

or if that doesnt work just paste http://mike_n_ike.tripod.com/lude/under_car.gif into a new browser window and it should work. thats a pic of the hyper on my 4gen....the 5gen will still look the same design wise. hangs kind of low. the only time i scraped it was when i was in a hurry to get to school and it was raining and i was bustin ass down a lane to go park and forgot there was one more speed bump and locked my brakes up and bounced over the speeed bump...didnt hurt it much though :p

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SpanishRicer said:
Well I have the Tanabe DTM on my Lude and truth be told, it is kind of loud. But if you compare the DTM's muffler size to the G-Power or Hyper medalions, you'll see why. It's so small and thin, but it also has great clearance. Sounds and looks great though. And nothing looks better on an OEM or RS kit equipped Lude than a set of DTM tips :D
Hey can i see a pic of your exhaust? thanks

· Registered
199 Posts
4bidden said:

or if that doesnt work just paste http://mike_n_ike.tripod.com/lude/under_car.gif into a new browser window and it should work. thats a pic of the hyper on my 4gen....the 5gen will still look the same design wise. hangs kind of low. the only time i scraped it was when i was in a hurry to get to school and it was raining and i was bustin ass down a lane to go park and forgot there was one more speed bump and locked my brakes up and bounced over the speeed bump...didnt hurt it much though :p
neither worked

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.