Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, thinking about putting on fog lights for 5th gen coupe.need recommendations on brands including model no.s if needed.im thinking PIAA is probably the best bet. also where to get them and how much, thanks fellas.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Hella Micro Xenon, DE Xenon or the Dynaview if you can find it yet. PIAA upper end line are great, just DO NOT BUY SOLITAIRE, they are complete shit. the 930 HID or 999 HID rock, my dad just put 999s on his xkr and they are freaking wicked. He also has the P3000 triple beam on his truck, I would have opted for a dual with fog and driving, but the 3000s are spot and driving, so it's thin beam, or pencil beam, and the pencil is freaking obnoxious. I had 1100s on my prelude and they were freaking fantastic, but I also bought a set of solitaires for my wifes car and almost shit myself when I connected them, they are complete worthless shit, so anyone that says PIAA sucks has probably tried these, they aren't even worth $20 in my opinion.

or .....OEM!!!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Haven't tried PIAA previously. Used to own an old school pair of Bosch. I have PIAA 1900X fogs now and I love them. Pattern is cool and they fill the stock trim covers nicely. Light output compliments my superwhite headlight bulbs perfectly. I have seen people with brighter aftermarket headlights and OEM fogs and I think it looks lame. If your fogs are going to look yellow next to your headlights, you might as well go with yellow/amber fogs to begin with.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input guys, gonna start looking for these soon, maybe an early x-mas gift for myself, anyone have any price quotes, later.

·
Registered
542 Posts
see_fu said:
hella micro DE
I second this. The hella micro de fogs have one of the cleanest beams and cutoff for any fog out there. They also are very compact, and german built.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts