Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i picked up a wii cause i love wii sports...well im looking for other games now.....any reccomendations? when i got the wii i also picked up the zapper with links crossbow training, and ninja reflex, im thinking maybe mario kart? im not sure, i bought the wii more for sports/novelty type games since i also have a 360, and a good PC for games

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy - Punch/jumper
Metroid Prime - FPS
Zelda: Twilight Princess - Adventuring
Mario Party - Group games

IMHO most of the more popular games are Nintendo properties. I wasn't too impressed with a lot of the early 3rd party games like: Rayman and Red Steel. And if you want to play Resident Evil, Okami, Soul Caliber, CoD... then I think Sony and MS have the edge in graphics (HD), sound, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super Mario Galaxy - Punch/jumper
Metroid Prime - FPS
Zelda: Twilight Princess - Adventuring
Mario Party - Group games

IMHO most of the more popular games are Nintendo properties. I wasn't too impressed with a lot of the early 3rd party games like: Rayman and Red Steel. And if you want to play Resident Evil, Okami, Soul Caliber, CoD... then I think Sony and MS have the edge in graphics (HD), sound, etc.
well all FPS i do strictly PC, lol honestly i bought the Wii just for Wii sports, but every once in a while i want something diffrent to play on Wii, i thought ninja reflex would do it for me but it gets too repetative, i am not really into the zelda thing, ive got oblivion on 360 and a rarely if ever play that... i am at a loss maybe ill just pick up some of the 3rd party sports games?

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I dunno... To me, sports games would be better in PS3 or X360.

The three things imho that the Wii has got going for it is: Nintendo's stable of characters and games (Pokemon, Mario/Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, etc.). Their controller, and their cheaper price point.

But if you have a PS3 or X360 I think I'd rather get the cross-platform games on those systems. EA Sports, Guitar Hero/Rock Band, or whatever.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
tiger woods!
That's a EA Sports title... like stated before I think it would better on PS3. If for nothing more then HD and I believe there's additional character creation features that the Wii doesn't have.

All things being otherwise equal: If you have a choice, why play an 09 title on a machine that basically has shown only last gen. graphics?

But if you only have a Wii and no other console, then by all means I think TW09 is gonna be pretty good.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
not impressed by the wii..though i consider my self a nintendo fag.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
That's a EA Sports title... like stated before I think it would better on PS3. If for nothing more then HD and I believe there's additional character creation features that the Wii doesn't have.

All things being otherwise equal: If you have a choice, why play an 09 title on a machine that basically has shown only last gen. graphics?

But if you only have a Wii and no other console, then by all means I think TW09 is gonna be pretty good.
well since i have a wii and a ps3, and will NEVER buy tw for playstation again, i'd say it's definitely a wii essential in my book.

the graphics thing is what it is.. the difference in gameplay between using your thumb & index finger to make a shot and swinging the wiimote like a club is the only thing that matters to me.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Why is the Wii version titled "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 *All-Play*" while the other version (PS3, X360, PS2, PSP, etc.) don't have the "*All-Play*" moniker in their titles? Is it just because of the Wiimote?:confused

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I don't think I've heard anything bad about Mario Kart so I guess it must be a worth game to check out for the Wii.

Is there nobody you could borrow games from to try them out?:confused

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think I've heard anything bad about Mario Kart so I guess it must be a worth game to check out for the Wii.

Is there nobody you could borrow games from to try them out?:confused
nope, dont know hardly anyone that has a wii, as far as tiger woods, i have TW 08 for 360..... last time i checked i had like 20 360 games, just looking for more titles that use the unique wii controls basically

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
nope, dont know hardly anyone that has a wii, as far as tiger woods, i have TW 08 for 360..... last time i checked i had like 20 360 games, just looking for more titles that use the unique wii controls basically
think about it man, instead of tapping LB or A (i'm an old PS2 TW head, so i have to cross it up still) and "swinging" with the stick.. you actually address the ball (if you will), grip it, and rip it. it's SO much more satisfying to play golf like, well, golf.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
think about it man, instead of tapping LB or A (i'm an old PS2 TW head, so i have to cross it up still) and "swinging" with the stick.. you actually address the ball (if you will), grip it, and rip it. it's SO much more satisfying to play golf like, well, golf.
for sure, i just picked up deca sports.....it is so-so.....the archery event is fuckin awesome but the rest is just OK at best, i love the wii controls, but im afraid to pick up tiger woods for wii if the swinging even closely resembles wii sports golf......wii sports golf you cant swing the damn thing more than a gentle underhand otherwise you way over power... if tiger woods lets you swing it like you mean it, then for sure ill trade in my TW08 on it :)

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
for sure, i just picked up deca sports.....it is so-so.....the archery event is fuckin awesome but the rest is just OK at best, i love the wii controls, but im afraid to pick up tiger woods for wii if the swinging even closely resembles wii sports golf......wii sports golf you cant swing the damn thing more than a gentle underhand otherwise you way over power... if tiger woods lets you swing it like you mean it, then for sure ill trade in my TW08 on it :)
it's dope dude I rented it the night before the storm.. saturday I guess, and played a few rounds before my people showed up. you can swing it like you mean it man.:btu

·
Registered
14,616 Posts

·
Registered
14,616 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it's dope dude I rented it the night before the storm.. saturday I guess, and played a few rounds before my people showed up. you can swing it like you mean it man.:btu
nice ill have to check it out, i spient all day today at work wondering why the hell my shoulder was sore, then i realized oh shit i wii bowled for 2 hours last night high score 254 :clappy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts