Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car got broken into out side of my house, i live in a nice area in san diego. there was no forced way in and the alarm was still on and hadnt gone off, my stero was removed and my celly taken, they missed my school bag that had digi. camera and wallet in .. nor did they take my 200 cd's that i've got in a case that was on the front seat, so i gotta get a new celly and a new stereo, but my concern is that i called my celly the next day and the guy who answered told me that stickers on cars means they got nice things in them, then he told me to f*ck off ... messed up..ya i know, but its cool, the stereo only costs 60 bucks cause i traded in my stock one .... but my question is how do i remove the stickers i've got on my car, i heard a razor.. anyone have any ideas?.. oh ya.. f*ck the haters in this world, i need to hook a car battery up so my car is charged for peole who touch it, saw the kit on ebay .. it only was on for like 2 days before they took it down...

· Registered
960 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car...damn theives. :mad:
As for alarms, I'm not familliar with brands. Ive heard Clifford makes good ones.

The sticker situation, use a razor blade and gently scrape up the sticker. Once its off, clean off the stickyness. When I took off stickers I used rubbing alchol mixed with water.
There is also a product call goo gone or something like that that does a good job too.
HTH
:)

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i talked to a homey who installs alarms and he said there is a simple kit going around that arms/dis arms alarms.. he's see this happen to a few people

· Registered
36 Posts
my car was recently broken into...
i didnt have an alarm but i got one
now. oh well whoever broke into
my car is retarded anyway... i have insurance
and i just got better stuff out of it lol
they did take over 200 cd i had :( oh well
i guess i learned my lesson...ALARM FIRST MOD lol
i now have a VIPER and u can also buy a kit
to add to the viper i think its $80 and if any strong movments
are around ur car it will warn then go off...only thing is
if someone has a loud exhaust or system....they could
easily set ur alarm off....but hey id rather that then
having theifs break in...
sorry to hear about the break in :(
i know how u feel.

-Lindsey

96CIVIC 4DR

· Registered
960 Posts
Trancer04 said:
are there any alarms with fuel cutoff or something like that in case they try to steal your whole ride?
Never heard of a fuel cutoff, but I do know most have an engine immobilizer so it cannot be started. Something with the ignition.

· Registered
414 Posts
Acctualy DEI is probily one of the best alarms. I think they make Cliford, but I have a Cliford and I think its cheep. Go to a good installer and get a good alarm. My friend has some tight stuff on his. If the alarm is activated and the windows are down they will roll up if anything passes through the open window. He also has a remote start on his car witch is a five speed. But he left it in gear on day and ran it through a garage door, go figure.

· Registered
46 Posts
Trancer04 said:
are there any alarms with fuel cutoff or something like that in case they try to steal your whole ride?

i did see one in an import magazine... basically wut it is is a sensor... and u got a wand that inputs a PIN... and indicator turns on and u can start the car... the mag said that if the unit is removed... the engine is disabled

heres the site... www.powerlock.com

· Registered
111 Posts
THE_SLEEPER said:

i did see one in an import magazine... basically wut it is is a sensor... and u got a wand that inputs a PIN... and indicator turns on and u can start the car... the mag said that if the unit is removed... the engine is disabled

heres the site... www.powerlock.com
That alarms looks pretty good, I might just get it since i just got a swap.

· Registered
36 Posts
on the Vipers alarms it has that extra $80
item and that also rolls your windows up
if something invades them. If anything comes threw
ur window the alarm will trigger...also i know
that it has the starter disable...say someone
broke into your car and wired it up to steal it
well the alarm would disable the starter so
it wont start......so the thief is shit out of luck.
i believe if u get the expensive Viper it
has remote start and roll up windows truck pop
and some other crap...but mine just unlocks my
doors and locks them when i trigger or un trigger the
alarm...and i enjoy it...i think i payed $250 installed.
Also..i got this other device added for $15 its a very
very loud noise in the inside of the car i think its
call a pain generator...so if someone breaks in and
the alarm for some reason dosent stop them...then
the pain generAtor when go off.....and it hurts your ears..
when your inside the car....i know someone who has
3 pain generators installed and his car and he said it
would make ur ears bleed its so loud.....so there is
a few ways u can surprise theives. lol

· Registered
1,355 Posts
On my alarm, I have an interior pain generator. Basically, unless you're wearing ear-muffs, you're gonna be deaf in under 30 seconds.......I have too much audio shit in my car to NOT have an alarm.

· Registered
273 Posts
I got the Compustar pager alarm..nothing happens to my car without me knowing. I also got airhorns installed so that b*tch is loud. http://compustar.org/ theres the site if you wanna check it out. even if the car chirps my pager goes off and lets me know that someone is near my car. Pretty good investment i shuld say..i can go to the movies, chill at the mall, or be in class and know whats going on with my car..you can check your car's status every now and then to assure yourself its safe..the remote has a range of half a mile radius.

· Registered
50 Posts
ya man that sucks i had my car broken in to at the movies it was the gayest thing ever about $2000 (Canada $) worth of sterio eqipment.(no insurence) the asshole even stoll my face plate that was under the seat and broke my dash tryin gto get my deck out but he couldn't but he still took the face plate.(i dono why it was from japan and he will never find a deck for it)
I was also going to recoment the compustar alarm i don't have one but they look sweet. They even have a ideler to let your turbo system cool down:)

as for that fuck who told you that stickers mean you have nice stuff in side. one cancel your cell phone.
2 dont worry about that fucking loser he will get his in the end.

peace man

· Registered
140 Posts
the thing IS... alarms are effective if the thief is trying to steal your car.. but if the thief's intention was to steal the stuff IN your car then the alarm is quite useless, it could now only attract attention.. but who REALLY pays attention to alarms that go off? alarms go off quite frequently due to things such as exhaust systems, sum stupid catd jumpin onto ur car, etc etc... my friend got his system stolen right next to the police station.. what can i say.. there's alot of hater's out there, the only thing u can really do is be more cautious of your car and things that are valuble that can be taken out of the car should be taken out, like if your at school and u gots a headunit, detach the face and carry it along w/ u in ur backpack... LOCK down your trunk so it cant be accessible by just pulling the lever in ur car..

just be lucky..
:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.