Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 (5th gen) accord and people have said its the one behind the ash tray. well i dont thin kit is. then i have heard there is one under the glove box. then i have heard there is one under the driver side dash. so which one is it and anyone have a lnk to the diy method. its not fresh in my mind. if i remember correctly i jump pin 8 and 13 then turn the key to the on postiion and count eh short blinks as one and the lnk blnks as 10 right?

my main thing is which harness :)

well and the fact that i ahve a cel to begin with :mad:

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
its on the driver's side near the fuse/relay box.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thats incorrect its not near the driver side that is onlyon hte 6th gen on the 5th gen accords the datalink port in behind the ash tray and if you just want to get the short code by jumping the ecu look under the glove box and there will be a blue plug just put a paperclip and make a loop and turn the key on and count hte blinks

long blinks=10
short blinks= 1

Accordhybrid

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
accordhybrid said:
Thats incorrect its not near the driver side that is onlyon hte 6th gen on the 5th gen accords the datalink port in behind the ash tray and if you just want to get the short code by jumping the ecu look under the glove box and there will be a blue plug just put a paperclip and make a loop and turn the key on and count hte blinks

long blinks=10
short blinks= 1

Accordhybrid
yup this is the one i used today.
i found it on a cl diy page

1 - 4 of 4 Posts