33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was a long weekend so I actually got some gaming in.:aww

I went back to some old games:

1. Armored Core: Raven - PS2
2. CoD4 - PS3
3. Yakuza - PS2
4. GT4 - PS2

I've actually gotten pretty far with Yakuza so I think I'll finish it off again. I got a new heavyweight TV table/tray so I mounted my GT Pro wheel after having only used it minimally in the past.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Xbox360

Rock Band
Call of Duty 2
Hitman:Blood Money
Fifa 07

·
Registered
984 Posts
PC - Grid, COD4, Age of Chivalry, Zombie Panic, CS Source, Tf2
Ps2 - as of late Rockband and O I have Yakuza but haven't played it yet should I start already? Trying to complete Kingdom Hearts 1 for like the last 3 years, then finally move on to 2 or should I try the gba version? Just everything but mainly PC games at the moment.

O and some DS games like Speed Racer, Space Invaders 30th Edition, and Lego Indy.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
O I have Yakuza but haven't played it yet should I start already?

Give it a go. It's basically a sandbox game.

The story is pretty good actually. Deeper then the basic "revenge" or gang building theme you think of with most underworld/criminal games. There's a ton of side quests and other things to do. Everything from gambling, to going to a batting cage.

The battle system is a basic button masher, but there's power up and combos to keep things interesting. I think SEGA kept it on the simple side because although fighting is a big part of the game, it's not the main focus.

Plus the second game is coming out this Fall, so it might be good to get with the storyline if you plan on playing the next one.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Give it a go. It's basically a sandbox game.

The story is pretty good actually. Deeper then the basic "revenge" or gang building theme you think of with most underworld/criminal games. There's a ton of side quests and other things to do. Everything from gambling, to going to a batting cage.

The battle system is a basic button masher, but there's power up and combos to keep things interesting. I think SEGA kept it on the simple side because although fighting is a big part of the game, it's not the main focus.

Plus the second game is coming out this Fall, so it might be good to get with the storyline if you plan on playing the next one.
Thanks for the tip, but I thought the third game was coming out this fall... I didn't know it is a sandbox game thats awesome, now I have to start playing it.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the tip, but I thought the third game was coming out this fall... I didn't know it is a sandbox game thats awesome, now I have to start playing it.
One thing... just in case... if you're sensitive to foul language or you maybe have others around (children, parents, women folk, etc.) who don't like cursing then it might be better to play Yakuza alone. There's a ton of cursing. F bombs, a**hole this & a**hole that. :ninja

Also some of the fighting can get repetitive. But if you play RPG's and are used to all the random battling to power up your stats, then you'll be used to the fighting in Yakuza.

One nice thing is that the storyline isn't so strict that you cannot deviate from the path it sets. You can basically take your time doing all of the sub plots and exploring the city in between stages of the main quest.

I think I've put more time into this play through of Yakuza then I did when I initially played MGS4.:lol2:hehe

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got to Chapter 13 "Finale" of Yakuza. I guess I'll finish it up tonight or tomorrow.:p

Now I got to think about what to play next.:confused

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finished off Yakuza last night. Almost 24 hours worth of gameplay.:eek:

If I tried to complete more of the side stories and extra missions I'm sure it easily could have been closer to 30 hours & my interest was just starting to peak.

I think I'll be starting up an RPG this evening.:p

1 - 20 of 393 Posts