Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

No BS here, there is such a number - does anyone know which Honda this comes from? I've been hearing that it comes from a Honda Accord type-R, JDM prelude type-S, etc etc....

Anyone have rock solid evidence which car it comes from??

If you require a pic of the engine number in the flesh, let me know, I'll post it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
post it
no such engine that i have ever heard of
accord euro r and prelude type s get h22a
all jdm h22 preludes get h22
h22a1 is usdm 93-96, h22a4 usdm 97+
h22a7 or a5 is accord type r supposedly.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
that shit is photoshopped....

Pic 1: if you look at it from a smaller view.. you can still see the 4 from the H22a"4"

Pic 2: if you look at the Z it looks like is blobed..like for instance if you are a Photoshop person..its a smudge tool cuz look at the dark shades on the Z and around it, the rest is a lighter gray color..

Pic 3: it jess shows your how fake the Z is put in... its more like a transparent Z color and blobed out 1 compared to the solid markings on the h22

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankyou for your input, but obviously I WOULD NOT ask such a question to get an answer like this. Why would I post photos of my own car and photoshop them just to ask a question?

Thanks again, but sorry, that is not the input I like to see :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Impressive - but once again, I can assure you these photos are NOT forged. If you cannot provide any useful information as to which honda vehicle this number comes from then don't bother replying...

Thanks again for your efforts...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
i think it is a fake.
maybe not photoshop, but one where the A has been ground out, and filled, then restamped. if there were such an engine it would be listed somewhere by honda. the only markets that get the numeric designation after the h22a would be US or Euro.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Video of engine number

Thanks for the inputs guys -

I followed v4lu3s's suggestion that maybe the engine number had been shaved and re-stamped, so I went out and had a look at the block and ran a key through it to see if there was any inconsistency in the compound. It was solid. I ran it around the 'Z' to make sure it was possibly shaved out but upon close inspection, the metal surrounding the Z was extremely flush with the rest of the letters. The metal of the whole area around the engine number was consistently in the same 'age' or oxidization.

I'm still convinced that there is a number, perhaps it is a component that is only made for certain countries perhaps? I have updated the site - this time with videos.

VIDEO 1: This is a video starting from the engine bay, from which I then moved the camera and wedged it into the engine number area to finish on the number. Apologies if it is slightly dark on this one, it was early in the afternoon in the shade.

VIDEO 2: This is a video just after video 1 with my camera set to MACRO mode to be able to get a better zoom on the actual number. As you can see, the "Z" has a little silver dot towards the bottom - this is where I had ran a metal key through it to check the consistency as previously mentioned. The video then finishes with me taking the camera out of the gap to a blurry engine bay (since macro mode was activated) - I also adjusted the exposure to make sure it wasn't too dark when I moved the camera closer to the number.

The camera I used was a Canon IXUS V, with avi video encoding. Preset to high exposure and 640x480 resolution. I did everything I could with the camera's settings to make sure I get across that the photos supplied previously were no hoax.

So there you have it, I'm just as puzzled as everyone else is, but probably the most confused since it's actually sitting in my prelude at the moment after a recent engine conversion *sigh*.

Videos found here:
http://members.optushome.com.au/compsoc/h22z

I have taken the photos off - but if you need to have a look, I'll put them back up again.

Thanks!

·
Registered
985 Posts
The page Doesnt seem to be working

EDIT: your old link does work! ou must have mis typed that link

·
Registered
985 Posts
Found it for you

99 VTi-R ATTS aus spec lude motor

thats what its from enjoy!

Daniel

·
Registered
985 Posts
found where your engine comes from look Up!

LOL Edit: Look back a page!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where did you find that out from? IF it's from the hot4s forum by searching with Google - I know that guy, he still doesnt know for sure... Is that what it was?

Thanks for the response though!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Thats what Honda Said! Call them they will tell you

·
Registered
5 Posts
hay whast up bro its fielding (the silver 88 lude with the h22z)

Yes as i said H22z1, it does exist i have one and i have seen this one as well.

I found the h22z in a turkish honda book, it cant be found any where in the australia books =(

It does come from an aus spec Vti-R ATTS Lude, but in the book its running the same compression as the Type-S. So to was the power figures.

So like charlie said its like a special edition aus spec type S.

the thread is on www.honda-prelude.com some where,

Cheers brother.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hehehe how ya doin dude...

I checked out the thread on honda-prelude.com, there was a speculation that the Z1 spec was the type-s, but in the scanned documents that 'VTI' posted, I don't see any compression ratio information? Where is it?

U back to driving yet? Damn I was already doubting the compression ratio and was actually gonna go turbo next year.... argh, now I have to rethink my plans!

Are you gonna be around Charlie's next weekend, I'm popping by because everyone else will be at final battle so I'll have a chance to fix things without waiting too long...!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts