Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if the F22 turbo goes BOOM?

I have been spending time looking around in Accord forum, and reading a learning about the H22 swap because this is what I was considering doing. But it seems like a lot of money and time to swap in the H22 which is only going to get me 165-175hp at the wheels, especially when most everything I read says that H22/turbo setup is unreliable. So, I think I may decide turbo my F22b1. From what I’ve learned, the F22 seems like a strong engine to turbo. But the problem is that my F22 has 125,000 miles on it. I plan on having a compression test done, and if it is fine I may turbo it. My question is:

If I spend the money to turbo my F22b1 and it goes “boom,” does the replacement engine have to be another F22b1, or can it be F22b2? I am just wondering because the turbo kit is not cheap, and I would like to know what my options are if I do blow up my 125,000mile F22b1.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
7B7 said:
I have been spending time looking around in Accord forum, and reading a learning about the H22 swap because this is what I was considering doing. But it seems like a lot of money and time to swap in the H22 which is only going to get me 165-175hp at the wheels, especially when most everything I read says that H22/turbo setup is unreliable. So, I think I may decide turbo my F22b1. From what I’ve learned, the F22 seems like a strong engine to turbo. But the problem is that my F22 has 125,000 miles on it. I plan on having a compression test done, and if it is fine I may turbo it. My question is:

If I spend the money to turbo my F22b1 and it goes “boom,” does the replacement engine have to be another F22b1, or can it be F22b2? I am just wondering because the turbo kit is not cheap, and I would like to know what my options are if I do blow up my 125,000mile F22b1.

Thanks guys
What kinda question is that? If an H22 can go into ur caar y cant an F22B2? U can do either one. The F22 is a strong engine and it will last u a long time if u do it right the first time. What kinda turbo kit are u talking about? I went the custom route cuz kits cost way too much and u dont get what u want in the kit anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I did not word the question right the first time. My fault. I mean, if I get my F22b1/turbo set up, and then I lose the engine, can most all of the parts (including the turbo) that I used in setting up the turbo on the F22b1 be used in a replacement engine such as an F22b2, or F23, H23.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
between the f-series motors, the manifold and stuff will swap over. all the other parts should cross over too. i wouldn't get the f23 motor cuz it's got a higher compression than the f22...plus you'd have to deal w/ all that obd2 bullshit wiring.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
gob_2k said:
yo. Accordlx? how is it going. Oh, and for the turbo kid, just sell your car and buy mine. hehe
Whats going on Gob? Long time no see! U still trying to sell the car? Ill be keeping mine for a while...jus ordered a quaife!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts