Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
I'm sorry I do not have way to tell degress on my h22a but with it 100+ outside driving the car hard even with the ac on its probably still a 1/8 under the half mark on the temp in the cluster

·
Registered
22,822 Posts
190 isnt that bad the thermostat you have in there is probably a 180 degree stat. i wouldnt want anything over 210 though, that is where water boils, a 50/50 mix of water and antifreeze boils at like 265 degrees to give you some indication of where your at.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CBags04 said:
190 isnt that bad the thermostat you have in there is probably a 180 degree stat. i wouldnt want anything over 210 though, that is where water boils, a 50/50 mix of water and antifreeze boils at like 265 degrees to give you some indication of where your at.
sweet. i have some water wetter in there also to help control the temp down. thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
sweet. i have some water wetter in there also to help control the temp down. thanks for the reply.
I was going to do a flush then fill back up and add some water wetter too :) It's really cheap too isnt it?

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Cool I'll scoop some up payday when I do a flush :w00t

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
If your engine isn't staying at operating temp then something is wrong. Once it warms up it should stay around the same temp if the thermostat is working correctly and the cooling system is sufficient and in good condition.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gurusan said:
If your engine isn't staying at operating temp then something is wrong. Once it warms up it should stay around the same temp if the thermostat is working correctly and the cooling system is sufficient and in good condition.
its not over heating..its maybe 20 degress warmer..but then again..its about 20 degrees warmer out side plus the turbo. i think its about right then considering what everyone said.

·
Registered
291 Posts
my turbo and manifold are soo rediculously close to my radiator my slim fan just cant cope, if im driving my car will be between 160-180 with my thermostat opening at 200.. if im going slow or just idling and my rad aint getting any air, my car has reached 240 before... im hoping that with my soon to get godspeed 3inch half rad, new coolant, some heatwrap and a heatshild it will stop overheating, also im probably gonna get a second slim fan and make it a push style on the air conditioner side and the other one being a puller one....

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
djurchicprelude said:
my turbo and manifold are soo rediculously close to my radiator my slim fan just cant cope, if im driving my car will be between 160-180 with my thermostat opening at 200.. if im going slow or just idling and my rad aint getting any air, my car has reached 240 before... im hoping that with my soon to get godspeed 3inch half rad, new coolant, some heatwrap and a heatshild it will stop overheating, also im probably gonna get a second slim fan and make it a push style on the air conditioner side and the other one being a puller one....
sounds like your in the same place i em. The hottest it got was about 200 or so. U should get some of the watter water..it helps. Im in 100+ degree weather also. im lookin at fans at the same time. I think im going to wire up the fan so its always on. as soon as i crank it over it turns. i think that might help

·
Registered
98 Posts
yall do know water wetter really doesn't do much unless you use it to its full potential right?

in your stock cars you won't need them. plus in order to get the max advertised temp drop. you have to use full distilled water and no coolant mixed in. and that is recommended for full track cars that don't run much and don't have to worry about corrosion / freezing.

trust me, you don't need it. want cooler? get a dual row aluminum radiator.

there are preludes that run w/o fans with a nice radiator and never over heat

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
sounds like your in the same place i em. The hottest it got was about 200 or so. U should get some of the watter water..it helps. Im in 100+ degree weather also. im lookin at fans at the same time. I think im going to wire up the fan so its always on. as soon as i crank it over it turns. i think that might help
Dude you don't want your fan running all the time I do know that. Why don't you run a toggle to them so you have the ability to turn them on when YOU want instead of when the computer wants.

Never tried water wetter so I can't say whether it works or not. You don't want a 50/50 mix anyways more like a 70/30 mix especially in extreme climates. Poor 1 full gallon of coolant in, then poor one full gallon of distilled water in, then 3/4 a gallon of coolant and half gallon of more distilled water. That should put you around a 70/30 mix.

I don't think my car has ever gone past 1/4 mark on the temp gauge, even with bent valves it never moved. Don't recommend a lower thermostat either because it will make you run even more pig rich

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
preludedriver99 said:
Dude you don't want your fan running all the time I do know that. Why don't you run a toggle to them so you have the ability to turn them on when YOU want instead of when the computer wants.

Never tried water wetter so I can't say whether it works or not. You don't want a 50/50 mix anyways more like a 70/30 mix especially in extreme climates. Poor 1 full gallon of coolant in, then poor one full gallon of distilled water in, then 3/4 a gallon of coolant and half gallon of more distilled water. That should put you around a 70/30 mix.

I don't think my car has ever gone past 1/4 mark on the temp gauge, even with bent valves it never moved. Don't recommend a lower thermostat either because it will make you run even more pig rich
my stock temp gauge always stays at the half way point..but my autometer tells me something different.

why u say u dont want the fan on all the time. u need to explain this to me. the wether here is 100+. as soon as i start my car its at 120 degrees already, so i dont need it to warm up. I was just going to use the paper clip trick an call it a day.

·
Registered
291 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
my stock temp gauge always stays at the half way point..but my autometer tells me something different.

why u say u dont want the fan on all the time. u need to explain this to me. the wether here is 100+. as soon as i start my car its at 120 degrees already, so i dont need it to warm up. I was just going to use the paper clip trick an call it a day.
yeah im also curious y u wouldnt want them running all the time, i was thinkin about doing the same thing. and the same thing with my temp gauge. the stock one never goes past the 1/4 point but my autometer shows something compleatly diffrent. i think i rather trust the autometer one

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
djurchicprelude said:
yeah im also curious y u wouldnt want them running all the time, i was thinkin about doing the same thing. and the same thing with my temp gauge. the stock one never goes past the 1/4 point but my autometer shows something compleatly diffrent. i think i rather trust the autometer one
seems like me an u got the same ideas.

on your lude how much power u maken? whats the setup

·
Registered
291 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
seems like me an u got the same ideas.

on your lude how much power u maken? whats the setup
its makin 263 hp and 2XX tq, dont remember the exact number, my tunner is flying in tommaorw actually and hes saying some crazy numbers close to 300.. its a garrett t3/t04e 60 trim turbo with a shitty manifold, johny racecar intercooler, 2.5inch pipes and 3inch downpipe dsm injecters, tunned with uberdata

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
djurchicprelude said:
its makin 263 hp and 2XX tq, dont remember the exact number, my tunner is flying in tommaorw actually and hes saying some crazy numbers close to 300.. its a garrett t3/t04e 60 trim turbo with a shitty manifold, johny racecar intercooler, 2.5inch pipes and 3inch downpipe dsm injecters, tunned with uberdata
i have a turbonetics ..same size. pretty much the same setup. let me know how it runs after retuned.

what plugs are u running an the gapp?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.