Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
bmzippy2002 said:
Someone told me that i should get a pully kit. What is a pully ki and what does it do? What will it do to my car?
Performance pulleys are intended to restore lost wheel horsepower by replacing the heavier OEM pulleys either with lightweight pulleys or with pulleys that underdrive your accessories (power steering, alternator).

Pulleys do work in increasing wheel HP. However, the amount of WHP being increased is subjective and depends on the level of your car's tuning.

Now for the cons: There is the issue of various side-effects which can accompany any conversion to performance pulleys: with underdriven alternator pulleys, the ability for the alternator to sufficiently charge your battery may become an issue (depending on your power demands and the type of driving you do). Crankshaft pulleys may throw your crankshaft out of balance, thus wearing out your bearings. (NOTE: Fisher Concepts does make a billet crank pulley w/the harmonic balancer, so as to avoid this problem -- www.fisherconcepts.com)

Personally, I enjoy my AEM accessory pulleys though I do get some dimming of the lights; I'm willing to live with this. And I'm probably getting the Fisher Pulley as my last performance mod (at least until the JRSC comes out)

f23a4

·
Registered
235 Posts
your pulley set.......

So when you installed the AEM pully set it robs you of power? I mean power as in electricity? Man, so that means you will be draining your battery faster just to install the pulleys. From what I read if your radio system is over 300watts it's a bad idea to have unless you have a spare battery in the trunk or something running your radio. I think i"m still gonna get some pulleys cause it would make my car look nicer.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: your pulley set.......

jocktheglide said:
So when you installed the AEM pully set it robs you of power? I mean power as in electricity? Man, so that means you will be draining your battery faster just to install the pulleys. From what I read if your radio system is over 300watts it's a bad idea to have unless you have a spare battery in the trunk or something running your radio. I think i"m still gonna get some pulleys cause it would make my car look nicer.
What some guys do is get a Marine Deep Cycle battery that has a much higher charge retention. (some auto batteries to consider as alternatives: Exide Select Orbital and Optimal)

f23a4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.