Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Auto-X an obstacle course, or does it include head to head racing?

I really want to do some closed course, first to the finish racing.

·
Registered
502 Posts
ozarkbw said:
Is Auto-X an obstacle course, or does it include head to head racing?

I really want to do some closed course, first to the finish racing.
If you're on a budget (meaning, if you're not filthy rich), the best head-to-head action you can find is ProSolo racing. Christmas tree drag start, autocross style course and rules, and the first one to the finish wins. It's head-to-head but without the safety or license requirements of road racing.

If you want to do road racing, that's another story. I'd be happy to answer that question too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually, ProSolo does require an SCCA ProSolo Liscence.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
optimusprime said:
Actually, ProSolo does require an SCCA ProSolo Liscence.
You don't need a license. You do need to be a member of SCCA after your first event though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm pretty sure you need a ProSolo licence to do prosolo. I would check the SCCA website but I'm at work and I spent a lot of time there before and hence, it's banned. SoloI and SoloII doen't require a licence.

Check here and tell me what it says (I can't read it so I don't know if it specifies a license is needed or not)
SCCA ProSolo Site

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
optimusprime said:
I'm pretty sure you need a ProSolo licence to do prosolo. I would check the SCCA website but I'm at work and I spent a lot of time there before and hence, it's banned. SoloI and SoloII doen't require a licence.

Check here and tell me what it says (I can't read it so I don't know if it specifies a license is needed or not)
SCCA ProSolo Site
Ummm I went to a ProSolo and I didn't have my SCCA membership or license. But after your 1st event you need one for the next event.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
mrmyz said:
i know to get your ametuer licence you just need to go to racing school right? But what do u need to do to get your pro solo licence?
ProSolo is different than Pro Racing. ProSolo is a drag race style autocross.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts