$ 2250.00 Plus shipping and handling

30006 - B16B (EK TypeR) Complete Change Over
185Hp 117 Trq 10.8 Compression(JDM)
$ 3850.00 Plus shipping and handling.

1) PRICE
2) it a TYPE R
3) higher compression
4) better head, factory pnp

it basically a beef up version of the b16a, i know the list can go on, but that all i can think of at the moment

information was taking from www.hmotorsonline.com

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
what he should have said to make it simple for you was that the b16b (CTR motor) is just a destroked ITR motor (b18c/jdm, b18c5/usdm)...it's the best b16 motor you can get...I've even heard that bc of the higher reving in the b16b it could possibly be rated at 200 ponies like the ITR bc it keeps making power throughout the entire powerband whereas other motors don't...but that was just something I heard, I don't know all that much about it so I can't really stand behind that 100%...but if you were thinking about getting a b16a or a b16b I would probably just get a b16a bc with the CTR motor you are going to have to rev high to utilize the motors full potential and that's something that not everyone does...

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
The difference is that IMO the B16B is overpriced.You get an extra 15 hp at the crank but still the same suck ass TQ.

Take a B16A put a full exhaust,IM,CAI/Short Ram and you have the same power as a B16B for about $1500 less.Hell take a B16A swap($2000 to $2500) take the money left over from not getting the B16B(around $2000) and sink it into either cams,valve terrain,and fuel management or a turbo sertup and walk all over the B16B for the same price.

One note to take into consideration though is that I have heard that the B16B will make more power after the rev limiter meaning it still has more power to give with a simple ECU reflash or hondata but still IMO not worth the extra money

·
Registered
624 Posts
98civic4door said:
The difference is that IMO the B16B is overpriced.You get an extra 15 hp at the crank but still the same suck ass TQ.

Take a B16A put a full exhaust,IM,CAI/Short Ram and you have the same power as a B16B for about $1500 less.Hell take a B16A swap($2000 to $2500) take the money left over from not getting the B16B(around $2000) and sink it into either cams,valve terrain,and fuel management or a turbo sertup and walk all over the B16B for the same price.

One note to take into consideration though is that I have heard that the B16B will make more power after the rev limiter meaning it still has more power to give with a simple ECU reflash or hondata but still IMO not worth the extra money
w3rd

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
98civic4door said:

For the simple fact that the CTR motor makes power throughout the ENTIRE powerband makes it the best b16 motor you can get...you can't rev as high with anything else...it is overpriced but it's still the better motor...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.