Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously what is with the massive spam increase??
And i have had THREE virus warnings from signing on now. . . (Separate occasions)
Just a heads up. :)
I try to report as much spam as i can to keep things clean

I've been through the rules and found this. .
Please refrain from posting; profanity , spam , adult content , disrespectful posts, vulgar language , off-topic posts, overly large images & advertisements (Unless the forum specifies otherwise):
-- That includes your signature , please post only personal websites in your homepage options | located in the user cp.
So anyone i see with a random link to something stupid/non car related or just plain spamish will be reported.
I'll follow the 50 post rule but thats only IMO and what I'm gonna do. :)
Anyone else had any bother? :confused

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
I dont report. I usually just be an asshole and plague them with insults

Lots of forums recently have been getting virus's on teh fly. Some websites infect simply by being visited.

anti-virus FTW

if you're on windows, use microsoft security essentials from their website. powerful, yet light weight

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont report. I usually just be an asshole and plague them with insults

Lots of forums recently have been getting virus's on teh fly. Some websites infect simply by being visited.

anti-virus FTW

if you're on windows, use microsoft security essentials from their website. powerful, yet light weight
Im running AVG and it seems good!
it actually scans the sites on the searches i put in and tells me if they are dogey, if a site is bad it will flag up straight away, normally says page clear, Im running the free trial but I'm gonna buy it deffo. It has identity threat detection and complex threat detection what ever that is?
Even if i try to get photos from my computer to photo bucket it flags up with a thing that says such a site wants access, Allow? and gives the threat risk?
But i was just shocked when this site was flagged 3 times, but i guess we are not alone.
Im gonna get the AVG Internet Security
AVG UK - Home security product comparison
Not sure if its good or not?
I don't know much about computaz stuff but it works a treat, it scans the whole computer everyday and updates daily.
I suppose the only way Anti-virus's are created and updated us because the virus's get more intelligent :(

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
what operating system you on?

MSE surpasses AVG free everywhere, and it has anti virus/spyware/malware/ all wrapped up

Id also download spybot search and destroy, its a sweet system protector

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Danger: AVG Active Surf-Shield has detected active threats on this page and has blocked access for your protection.
The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety. Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer was at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen. Please follow one of the suggestions below to continue.
This is what came up this morning :(

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
avg is the worst of the free ones

avira > avast > avg

yes, avira has pop up ads, but you can disable them (google it). i work as a desktop tech and i've used them all extensively and avira always has the best detection. and most people immediately argue after i say that that they're mostly false positives, that's not always the case. in fact i'll run avg first, reboot, still plagued with viruses, scan with avira, reboot, it's clean. says alot.

biggest way to NOT get viruses? don't use internet explorer. ie has active-x, which is just asking for some really malicious shit to infect your system (or worse)

i personally don't use antivirus software. if you use firefox, and you're smart about what you download, where you click, you'll be fine. my mom has no AV on her laptop, but i taught her what to look out for and what NOT to download. her laptop runs like brand new. my dad doesn't believe me and runs norton and he downloads EVERYTHING ANYONE emails him, and clicks any link... his laptop barely runs. just use your head

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
i personally don't use antivirus software. if you use firefox, and you're smart about what you download, where you click, you'll be fine. my mom has no AV on her laptop, but i taught her what to look out for and what NOT to download. her laptop runs like brand new. my dad doesn't believe me and runs norton and he downloads EVERYTHING ANYONE emails him, and clicks any link... his laptop barely runs. just use your head

I also use a script blocker, like NoScript, you block just about everything that is harmful to your computer, unless you somehow allow it by mistake, but you have to select which scripts to run manually. Annoying for some, but I'll take the annoyance of a few clicks, rather than the annoyance of a spyware, malware, virus infested HDD. my .02

·
Registered
12,455 Posts

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
what operating system you on?

MSE surpasses AVG free everywhere, and it has anti virus/spyware/malware/ all wrapped up

Id also download spybot search and destroy, its a sweet system protector
pfft.. mse.

malwarebytes > ALL
malewarebytes and eset are the best out there, better than avg. I'm about to actually pay for a 2 year sub to eset just so I don't have to deal with finding keys every couple months. norton sucks. I delete it immediately from any computer I encounter

i still need to get with you on finding a good legit version of w7

everyone i try has some authentication problem
he can help you with that :ninja

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
asus mobo
4gb ddr 800 ram
320 sata hdd
amd athlon 64 x2 @ 2.6ghz (64 bit)
8800gt
how far are you from morgantown west va?
i'll have your computer done in an hour
windows 7 ultimate (32bit or 64 bit) and MS office enterprise edition
proof of said activation and ability to update off of windows server

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
8 hours ain't so bad. It takes me that long to drive to any major city, lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts