Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the new Hype with the H22 in civics and Preludes looking down on type R i wonder now what does the integra type R have that the h22 civics and Preludes dont have? I get so many people saying b18c is gay integra's are gay ill smoke type r ( they really do not just talking smack)

So someone tell me what are the Type R's Advantages?
I also saw a Type R track time vs a Prelude Track time and the Type R is more fixed up then that Prelude and the Prelude won. Driven by the same person ( time trial )

Some one Please give me some hope for the Type R

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
LOL! On a practical tip, I like HB's more for their extra cargo space, especially w/ the seats down.;)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Integravtr said:
With all the new Hype with the H22 in civics and Preludes looking down on type R i wonder now what does the integra type R have that the h22 civics and Preludes dont have? I get so many people saying b18c is gay integra's are gay ill smoke type r ( they really do not just talking smack)

So someone tell me what are the Type R's Advantages?
I also saw a Type R track time vs a Prelude Track time and the Type R is more fixed up then that Prelude and the Prelude won. Driven by the same person ( time trial )

Some one Please give me some hope for the Type R
The only advantage I can see is it comes with the type-R badge, so you don't have to go to Pep-Boyz and buy one

·
Banned
212 Posts
Snoopy said:
if you have to ask you dont deserve one
That's about right....first off, just because a Prelude has more horsepower, doesn't mean it's by any means faster than a Type R in a drag race....and on a race track, it wouldn't even be close. The Type R is limited edition for a reason, whether it's the internals on the engine, or the spot-welding on the chassis, or the limited slip, the Type R is as close to a factory race car as you can buy pretty much. (As far as sport compacts go)...

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
he means from honda north america, excluding the s2k and the nsx, alan :p

this is the club racing/autocrossing/touring car integra. the ultimate teg per say.

·
Banned
1,554 Posts
rufus`` said:
he means from honda north america, excluding the s2k and the nsx, alan :p

this is the club racing/autocrossing/touring car integra. the ultimate teg per say.
and every other car with 200hp+:p

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
lol dude this is a type r forum. of course its gonna be biased. take ur v8 and pick on some fox bodies or summin ;) hehe

btw, the other hondas with over 200 hp arent as nimble in the corners as the itr i would suspect. so i dont consider them track cars. plus im thinking hondas during the run of the dc2 ITR the TSX, RSX, and new TL, etc are uncomparable because of their newer suspensions.

for its time the teg was a great car :)

·
Banned
1,554 Posts
rufus`` said:
lol dude this is a type r forum. of course its gonna be biased. take ur v8 and pick on some fox bodies or summin ;) hehe
normal---bias---------------------------------------------[type R head]

:p

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I still would drive a type R over any other honda/acura ever made. Well other than a S2k and a NSX. A Type R will always have more prestige than any other honda with a swap.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The Type R is the most racey honda made. Even more then a s2000 or NSX. Its stripped down, Has 5 lug wheels, Limited slip, is noisy, and handles like a beast. Not saying an NSX isnt faster around a track. But its still more of a road car. The type R is made for the track more then any other honda. Its like the M3 lighweight.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I do not believe the integra Type R is best for the track... if I wanted a track specific chassis I would have gone with an EG chassis. I wanted a Type R because of handling purposes, and well it just has an all around game.. I mean there is a certain amount of prestige when owning a Type R....anywhere in the US you when u see 1 u take a second look like yo...... that 'ain't no integra, Its an R! ....... especially If you live in NYC you would know what I mean....cause they try to yaank these things off the streets quick.

-B

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
DeuceDeuce said:
....anywhere in the US you when u see 1 u take a second look like yo...... that 'ain't no integra, Its an R! ....... especially If you live in NYC you would know what I mean....cause they try to yaank these things off the streets quick.

-B
not exactly... if i see a "Type R" my first instinct is to check to see if its fake :p

1 - 20 of 93 Posts