Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best CHEAP coilover for 94 Acoord EX

I Know I Know but I'm not paying for them. I am doing a favor for a friend and he is going to buy the system and install it for me at his shop. I want it to be reasonable and am willing to spend about $125. I don't want to have a 4" drop but just kill some of the wheel well gap since the new rims. I don't think I will ever adjust them so should I just stick to springs? What have you used and what would you do. The guy is real cool so I'm not going to take advantage of the situation. Just curious whats a fair brand for the price ie.... Drop zone, mad dogg, etc...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Get lowering springs.... You gonna have problems w/ cheap coilovers. ( spring not seating cause cap is too small , adjusting disc get loose and lowers it self , those coilover springs are super progressive. I got nuespeed race springs/kyb agx's , energy supension bushings . The ride is great. If I learned one thing on these boards it's do it right the first time or don't do it at all. You save alot more $$ that way.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'd take your $125 and save up for some neuspeeds or eibach sportlines springs(roughly $200) and eventually pair them up with some tokico shocks and a camber kit. It's an excellent budget setup. Don't be too cheapo when considering buying suspension products; often times, lack luster quality from low grade products will end up giving you bad performance and headaches in the long run.

*moving this to Non-Tech

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I did consider this and decided on springs. I think I'm going with the Teins on ebay. They are around $130 and have a excellent reputation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts