Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen the cheap ones on ebay, but i doubt they would help much because they are very cheaply made. I have heard that the neuspeed bar would fit, does anyone know this for sure or not?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If i were you i would go with a dc sports strut bar.and if you get the top i would also get the lower rear.i highly recommend it

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would the DC bar fit though, because of the weird intake manifold on the LX and DX?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
there no such thing is THE BEST :) just ugly cheap one and fancy expensive one :) they all do the same thing :)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
dc sport, cusco, neuspeed, eibach, #1, freedom designs, maxspeed, sprint, advance concept, ............ do i have to tell you every thing?:)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those all wont fit DX and LX because of the f'ed intake manifolds, they need to be a certain shape in order to clear the inake and the hood.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes they will

I dont know what your talking about with intake and hood stuff..

but i know for a fact that a Dc sports will fit.. and it is just a matter of what you want.. there are alot of knockoff brands that arent as expensive and work just as good...

But dont just do the front top, do all four.. front top, front lower, rear top, rear lower.. it makes a bid difference in the handling...

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
The intake on those models is diff. but all you have to do is order the one for your car. Check out like any wbsite dcsports.com etc. and order the bar designed for your car. I would also look into getting both front and rear sway bar aswell, since your car doesn't come with the front one.

·
Registered
272 Posts
actually

well,, if you have the stock air intake,, most will NOT fit.. the black box on the intake manifold is in the way.. with an after market intake,, most will. I know that the DC Sport will,,, and I know that the Ractive will as well.. as a matter of fact,, I have the Ractive,, it cost me $60 and its great.. strut bars are all the same..

·
Registered
77 Posts
they're all the same but Neuspeed (Chrome) looks the best under the hood. and obviously more HP u have - the thicker u want it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
when I had my D16 motor and an AEM CAI I had to use the Neuspeed Bar, It was the only one that would clear the intake...

·
Registered
276 Posts
get the hingeless ones...the DC sport ones suck pretty bad...I guess if you want it to look good, then by all means get it....I would rather get an OEM bar from a GSR or an Si. Neuspeed one is good, mugen is better but expensive

·
Registered
936 Posts
Strut bars are a total waste of money. "A fool and his money are easily parted." If you're a fool, buy the most expensive you can find. Be a total fool...

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have the same problem.

What he's talking about is the way that the intake goes straight up from the manifold, strut bars won't clear the intake tube. There is no room for it to go over it. Does anyone have pics of their DX/LX with an intake and a strut bar so we can both see your set ups on how you made this work?
Thanx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts