Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 civic ex sohc vtec. I have skunk2 intake manifold, aem cold air intake, cats eleminated 2.5" pipe custom exhaust, DC racing headers,plugs, wires (all the little things that don't matter), short shifter, ecu chip, and 02 sensor chip. I was thinking about getting a turbo, but im not sure if its worth it in the end. should i just save for the motor swap? Or go for the turbo? I cant decide because the turbo is a lot cheaper. plus i could install it myself. Has anybody out there done this and have some suggestions? Also the engine that i want is the f20c (s2000) motor but im not sure if that will fit correctly. Does anybody know? thanks,

·
Registered
912 Posts
dont bother with the f20c, since you have already threw down some mods on the y8 id just boost it. yes it will be worth it, if you research and pick your parts well. do not buy a cheap kit off ebay. you get what you pay for when it comes to things like turbo stuff. search search search and then search some more. check out places like homemadeturbo.com and turbod16.com. both are very good resources for sohc turbo info. if i were you, Id pick up a good log mani, jrc fmic, dsm 450's, dsm bov, and something like a t3/to4e 57 trim turbo. get some ic piping made and get it all installed, convert your car to obdI and uberdata tune it. any more info you need, pm me and ill help you out.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
speedjunky01 said:
holy crap whore enough? :whore
i only whore one post per week the rest are actual responses :p

you need to use something other than some bolt on chip.....which just changes hoe the ecu perceives the input signals. so it could be harming themotor and the cu will not know it. tuning should only be done with a VAFC (which isn't great cause it does the same thing) or converting to obd1 and using crome, uberdata, or hondata to tune.

hondamotorhead said:
I saw your mods on your car what real mods do you have?
who was this toward????

·
Registered
719 Posts
id boost the shit of it... i had a y8 boosted and they rip pretty good for the money you put in the kit...then get a good tune..... just curious, how many miles is on the engine..... may need to upgrade your bottom end depending on what kind of power you want out of it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.