Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
jerseycivicsi said:
I GOT A 2002 HONDA CIVIC SI HATCHBACK AND I WANT TO PUT 19" WHEELS ON IT, CAN IT BE DONE WITH OUT PROBLEMS OF RUBBING. ANY FEED BACK ABOUT THIS WILL BE THANKFUL.

THANKS [email protected]
um they didnt make hatchback si's in 2002......or did they and im out of the loop... :confused

·
Registered
117 Posts
HIMSA said:
um they didnt make hatchback si's in 2002......or did they and im out of the loop... :confused
Yep, they made em got one sittin out in the yard :D

I think your probably going to have some scrubing problems, 19 in a bit large compared to the 15in stock wheels. But it all depends on the width and the height of the tires.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
19's will rub for sure. and if you got them you would have to lower the car to make it not look so wierd, even with 18's you will rub. just get 15-17's.

·
Registered
238 Posts
19's?????? ahahahaha, si arnt big cars you know, even they do look like minivans but they wont look right

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2000 Si which I know is different but I took my car down about 4 inches or more and put 18" MR7s with a 45mm offset and 225/35/18 tires and I only rubbed a little when I turned the wheel alot and it only rubbed on the plastic fender well caps so I modified the plastic fender well caps a little bit until there was no more rubbing. You have to have a little stiffer suspension though so you dont have as much movement, if you go that low. You dont want it too stiff are you will bounce off the road. Im getting a air cylinder kit so I have full adjustability and control, so when we finish molding my body kit on I dont have to worry about dragging and busting up my body but I will still be able to lay my car down. It kinda defeats the whole performance side but thats what I am into. Anyways my buddy has 19" wheels with 35 series tires on his o1 Civic coupe and he had no problem at stock height with rubbing and when he took it down a little more than 2"s he still didnt rub. Like the other guy said if you put 19s on your car at stock height it looks kind of cheesy and puts you up a little. I think you can get away with stock height if you got a pretty aggressive body kit. Keep in mind my wheels and my buddy's are 7.5 wide with about a 45mm offset. If you go much wider you will most likely rub.

·
Registered
43 Posts
one more thing. If you go any smaller than a 18" wheel with a low profile tire in my opinion it looks pretty cheesy. There is a kid in my town with my same car and wheels but in a 17" at stock height and I think it looks like crap. Too much fender well opening. With saying that there is always too big also. Look around on the net for your car with different size wheels. I like wheels with lips but whenever a wheel has a lip or 2 peice look they look smaller than they are. Thats why I went with the mr7s, the spokes go all the way to the outside of the wheel. The Exel Tz10, Konig Tantrum, Enkei cdr8?, and etc go to the outside of the wheel. Research before you buy, everyones opinions and likes are different. Find what you like and make it work. You defently dont want to regret or not like what you just spent your big chunk of hard earned cash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts