Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the limit on streetable hp? The point where traction ends? I have a b18c im building and I am afraid if I build it to take 30psi of boost, I will just spin tires unless i'm on slicks. I'd love to hear from 300+ hp turbo Civic and Integra owners. Also, what else can you do to get max traction on the street?
Thanks, Please reply soon, as I'm ready to go to the machine shop!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am planning LSD and maybe some street slicks. I don't plan on driving this car around town too much, but I do want the ability. I understand drivability decreases with higher hp #s, so I'm looking to do a setup that will just hit the limits of street traction at lower psi and up the boost for the track with slicks.

xtremefusion said:
Is this going to be a daily driver? I don't own a 300+whp Civic, but I have been in one before and let me just say that 300+whp in a Civic is just insane based upon sitting in my friends 2000 Civic LS swapped making 300whp on a stock block with a GSR tranny. No traction at all until midway of 3rd gear. I'd say if this is going to be a daily driver, shoot no more than 350whp and be sure to invest in proper suspension, tires, hell even LSD at that point as traction will be a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.