Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone please help me out????

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 94 Civic EX (USA spec)with an D16Z6 engine and manual transaxle and the maximun rpm I get out of it is 6500. Is this correct?

·
Registered
786 Posts
No it revs to 7200 rpms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What could my problem?.....also I think my vtec is not activating. If you have any ideas on where to start to search I would appreciate if you let me know.
Thanks in advance...........

·
Registered
801 Posts
Do you have a check engine light? Are you using the correct ecu and distributor for your motor?

·
Registered
786 Posts
civicsan said:
What could my problem?.....also I think my vtec is not activating. If you have any ideas on where to start to search I would appreciate if you let me know.
Thanks in advance...........
Well, it could be a number of things, like SFF900 said, first ensure you do not have a CEL, if you do, that could be your problem right there, and also be the same reson VTEC does not seem to be or is not engaging.

Now, has this car been torn apart?? Had a motor swap, and brought back to stock?? Maybe you don't have a VTEC ECU, somebody could have sold/traded it for a DX ECU.

Another thing to think of is the stock tach is sometimes off, my tach is off on my EX by about 500-1000rpms and some times more at random. So that could be it as well, check your speed in gears instead of RPMS. Also VTEC is not noticeable on the SOHC you have to be paying really close attention to notice especially if the car is stock.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, thanks for all of that info. My car is stock engine d16z6,never been swaped and my car has p28 ECU. My check engine light come on and then off when i turn on my car.......What is the CEL and where it goes in my car?
Thanks a lot again.

·
Registered
284 Posts
civicsan said:
My check engine light come on and then off when i turn on my car.......
Thanks a lot again.
If your check engine light is not on when the car is running you dont have any trouble code....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts