Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading a post on here that someone said that they were going to use the Autozone CV shafts...(Remanufactured) What was the verdict on those???

If there is a better deal somewhere on the internet or in a store for 97 base 5spd CV shafts PLEASE LET ME KNOW....

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
They're remanned and it will probably cost you about the same for new boots and parts to rebuild yours than it would just to get the remans. I put a set of axles in my wifes integra from pep boys and have never had any problems. Axles really aren't hard to rebuild at all but why when it takes longer and is only ten bucks cheaper!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have an autozone axle in my 01 SH and it is fine.

I have used advanceauto axles in my other cars and IMO the reman axles are OK by me.

and yeah I think sometimes the rebuild kit is even more money than just buying the axle. it is easy, but it is a super filthy job with the CV grease (old and new). I say why bother, just get the axle and put it in.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
chrisjen said:
and yeah I think sometimes the rebuild kit is even more money than just buying the axle. it is easy, but it is a super filthy job with the CV grease (old and new). I say why bother, just get the axle and put it in.
agreed, i've got some napa ones on my car, had them for about a year, no problems

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
I rebuilt one cv joint on my civic with Autozone boot, and those boots bolt on lol. it just slips right over the cv joint and then you put a bunch of little bolts and nuts to fasten the boots together. You dont need to take the cv joint apart and stuff like that. just cut the old boots out and put in the new one from Autozone.

Yes they even told me to not abuse it and use it as temp replacement. well i have put like 4000 miles on it already, and i autox'ed it a couple times, drag raced it, spun the tires at high rpm in full steering angle in the snow. it hasnt clicked yet.. I havent looked under there to check it yet. its all covered in snow. The reason im not taking care of it very well, the car, is cause if it breaks, thats another excuse for putting my H22A1 in earlier than scheduled. :) :ninja

i would say yeah go with autozone remanufactured axles. or if you really want to be cheap, rebuild it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts