Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wonder that about a lot of people who fix up their cars. fixing up cars is not a cheap ... so, what jobs do you have that make it possible for you to afford all these mods for your car?

im living off of student loans, financial aid, and tips as a waitress.

·
Registered
17,562 Posts
im a systems analyst for a major insurance company.. money in systems isn't what it used to be.. but it still ain't bad ;)
and i'm also a full time student and college ain't cheap :(
right now.. i'm in the middle of paying off my car and paying off a 3000 dollar credit card balance.... stupid of me to incur.. so after i get rid of it.. i will have $$$ for the cord :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, according to a friend of mine who's a mechanic, most of the people in the L.A. area that have really nicely fixed up Hondas are usually rich kids who's parents pay for the stuff. I'M NOT SAYING ALL...ONLY THE GOING FROM MY MECHANIC'S PERSPECTIVE.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Aircraft Mechanic for A330, A320, A319,757, 727, :)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
my job is.....is...a full time student......with no job! so right now, my parents are helping me out with it....but i bought my car for only 2400, so it's not that bad......once i get a real job, i am gonna do some major things to my baby....

·
Registered
330 Posts
network admit / network consultant / computer operator / handy girl, for my friend mortgage company :)

im also a student at ITT Tech :)

$1600 a month aint bad, consider im living with my bf and hes paying the bills:) all i have are the tl-s payment ($350/mth) insure for both of my cars ( $280/mth) and my cell phone bill ($74/mth) thank god for unlimited minutes :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
i work at a gas station for 5.15 an hour + free food! :eek: heh but i mow lawns in the summer and i make about 1k a month maybe more

·
Registered
683 Posts
I work as a driver and valet for a BMW dealership and do construction on the weekends.

·
Registered
330 Posts
trail_boss2 said:
hey iamagirl, you said you were a network admin? Thats what im in college for right now, how do you like it?
well for me, its a fun job. I dont get pay that much because this is just a small company, but i gets to hang out with my friends so its cool. The work is not that bad at all, we have a small 15 pc network so its pretty easy to manage. Most of the time, im just helping the people in there with their paper work:)

imo networking is alot more fun than programing. Ive taken a visual basic class and its BORING:) i wouldnt want to do that for a career

·
Registered
403 Posts
i do data entry for a medical billing company..so i pay bills and if i have anything left over i just buy little things here and there til i get to the bigger things ill have to save some money to get those...but i do it myself..i wish i still lived at home with no bills my car would be so tyte..lol..:D

·
Registered
569 Posts
i'm a mechanic at a dirtbike/quad shop, all i do all day is work on quads and bikes :D i love it, i make about...$15/hour and i work 40+ hours sometimes so around...600-800/week, so that gives me about 2400-3200/month, and i have 200 insurance, and thats it, i stilllive at home, but all that extra money is going towards my trying to buy a house and another car

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i dont have a job... ive been getting money cuz ive been selling old stuff and my parents and my boyfriend give me money. i dont have a lot of money for any major mods.. (my parents pay the bills)

my occupation is to bother everyone who has a job for money hahaha.. noo.. but im looking around.. still waiting for the army civilian personal and the hospital to tell me if i got the job or not mang!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't officially have a title, but I do programming, network admin stuff, our company's website, and a lot of the bookkeeping. (It's a small company.)

Jean

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i work at best buy, it sure isnt paying for my car ins. or nething i had planned :mad:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts