Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally go with Castrol Syntec (5w-30)or Mobil1 (5w-30)..i sometimes use 10w-30 but it feels different than 5w-30...5w-30 feels better for some reason..probably because its not as thick. Im trying out different types of oils..next type im planning to try is Royal Purple..expensive stuff but i heard it does a good job..Another weird thing is..when i use castrol syntec..i fully boost more often than with Mobil1..sounds weird right? i dont know the answer to that but thats what i see when i use these oils..

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Use any oil that maintains it's weight no matter what temperature it gets to. Mostly this means synthetic but there are mineral oils that do the same thing. And change it often. The brand is your choice as long as it's mobil 1. Peace!

·
Registered
254 Posts
stick with castrol syntec...i heard alotta bad things about mobile 1..theres a post about it somewhere on here..do a search..
dan

·
Registered
484 Posts
RudeLude said:
stick with castrol syntec...i heard alotta bad things about mobile 1..theres a post about it somewhere on here..do a search..
dan
You are kidding right? Mobile 1 is one of the best. Just don't let BlackDeuceCoupe see this.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
RudeLude said:
dan
Castrol uses a awesome additive in there oils but they buy the cheapest oil they can when they purchase oil hence that means lower quality. With more impurities and deposits in it then they put thier additive in it and sell it for more. Don't get me wrong there is actually Castrol 20w50 in my car as I type this but mobil 1 is better I just had some castrol laying around so I put it in my engine touse it so I can get rid of it or I'll waste my money. Next time Mobil 1 goes back in there. There has been lots of test on oils and Castrol always has a higher ash content then most other brands........bla bla bvla

·
Registered
321 Posts
REDLINE THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
dptkfil said:
REDLINE THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!
Bling Bling

Lower viscosity oils are meant to flow well in extremely cold climates. 40-50 isn't not cold at all. In 120 degree days there is no way in hell i'd run 5-30 on a boosted motor. In the summer I would use 10-40 or 20-40 to maintain viscosity. Boosted motors get hella hot and you are asking for thermal breakdown with lower viscosities.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm using AMSOIL 10W40 or a 20W50 race oil.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use Royal purple and have been using it for quite a while and I love it. On top of it actually being purple it's the best oil i've used yet.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ive used castrol and mobil 1, they have both been good to me, however I do prefer mobil 1, Ive wanted to try the royal purple, Ive heard alot of good things about it, Ill probably try it next time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use str8 40 on my lude...is that a bad idea..:confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I use Royal Purple. Go around the pits and see what everyone has stocked in there trailers. Many are using Royal Purple!

·
Registered
12 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts