1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
MR2 Turbo

·
Registered
200 Posts
My friend just bought a white 97 hatch with no motor or front bumper for $2500. Then he used a couple of thousand for an h22 and a buddy club kit. best $5,500 car i know of.....it hauls ass....destroys civics with they're gsr engines

·
Registered
43 Posts
i got my car for $4600 and i will tell you this, it still sounds damn good to me. had over a 100k but its a HONDA!

dont mind the harsh gear changing on the automatics though, it doesnt mean its breaking, its just that the honda auto trans ... (suck might be the right word)

the car had no major scratches that a clean and compound couldnt fix. there was a vibrating noise from the exhaust, took it to my bro's place and had it fixed. estimated cost $100-200. also had to spend $250 on new tires.

after fixing the vibration and gettin the new tires (my bro re-aligned it after the new tires for free), it drives damn smooth (other than honda's wack auto tranny)

after i had my transmission fluid re-filled, the harsh tranny wasnt as bad.

you can get a decent car for $5000, you can get yourself a pretty good car if you look around enough. most people attempt to sell their car at book value or close so it might take some time...

hint: never buy a "used" car at book value unless you REALLY want that car.

also, if you want speed, stay away from accords... it aint a sports car... for only 5k, civic + mods are the usuals... (i rather get a 2nd gen mr2... even though handling aint too good, its still a damn nice car and most important... it aint a CIVIC!)

you can get a S13... mr2 and s13 are nice cars for cheap... would have gotten one myself if i ever found one in good shape (hard to get one in good shape cause its so old)

damn, this message got too long....

·
Registered
667 Posts
S14 :D
94 or 95 240sx.
My bro just picked one up for 6g. 240sx SE. FR. Fun to drive.

·
Registered
578 Posts
showgunz said:
240's are heavy and more luxury-oriented than performance. If you got money, I guess a SR20DET and S13/4 conversion, it'd be a beast.

It's hard to find MR2's. I'm not sure which year model you're talking about, but I certainly would like to get one soon. So rare around my area.
2,760 lbs..dats NOT heavy and its not luxury-oriented. maybe u got a car mixed up

·
Registered
685 Posts
AcCoRd DoRiFtU said:
2,760 lbs..dats NOT heavy and its not luxury-oriented. maybe u got a car mixed up
Oops, sorry about the heavy part. They're slow from what I know. Underpowered is what I should say: HP/Weight.

But IT IS luxury oriented. Not the JDM ones, but the 240SX's in US. You should look at their brochures and also descriptions of them in magazines. They were called "luxury touring coupes", not sports cars. That I did not mistake.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
5th gen hatch

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'd get a hatch. They're pretty cheap. $3,000 or so and use the rest of the money for all motor.

I got my 97 Accord for $4,800. w/ only 60K. :) My boyfriend's dad gave me a good deal from his car lot.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
two words...

HACHI ROKOU!!!!!

hahahaha my friend has an 8-5...not the 8-6...and it's still pretty bad ass. those things run for about $1200 and there's some good potential in them hahhaaha i watch too much initial d!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
showgunz said:
240's are heavy and more luxury-oriented than performance. If you got money, I guess a SR20DET and S13/4 conversion, it'd be a beast.

It's hard to find MR2's. I'm not sure which year model you're talking about, but I certainly would like to get one soon. So rare around my area.

yeah the would be a sweet car... but the only problem is what happens when your car messes up it might be more expensive to repair. I would buy a hatchback 92-95 they are sweet

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: two words...

UltraMagneticAL said:
HACHI ROKOU!!!!!

hahahaha my friend has an 8-5...not the 8-6...and it's still pretty bad ass. those things run for about $1200 and there's some good potential in them hahhaaha i watch too much initial d!!!!
85 is call a levin

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
actually keep the 5 and sell your accord and put those money together for a down payment on a 2003 accord ex v6 6 speed...i saw a catalog on those cuz my dad is willing to buy the new v6s...those shit are bad ass!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.