Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wasup everyone, My clutch is startin to slip at high rpm and also on downshifts..I'm lookin into gettin a new clutch and flywheel now that i'm in da area. I heard ACT is a good brand, but how do they compare to Clutchmasters, etc.? Can anyone give me any suggestions on which stage to get? My car is a daily driver and apart from an AEM CAI and an Apexi N1, my engine is totally stock. Any advice? Thanx in advance

Jared
93 Civic EX coupe

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
You plan on doing any other mods to it? any type of f\i or anything? If not a stage 1 will probably suit you if that's the extent of the mods your going to do to your car. I'll be putting a stage 2 on mine when I get my new one because i'll most likey be running some type of f\i in a little while. stage 3 is just for even power, and is unnecesary to most of us.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Actually, I'm pretty much in the same boat with Avplayer... Daily driver with similar mods...

So I'm curious to see what the recommended brand would be for a flywheel and stage 1 clutch.

·
Registered
111 Posts
act is a great clutch just don't get maxx extreme i made the mistake of doing that in my civic i got it half the price of the stock clutch that is why i got it but anyway i ripped out the transmissions with it and i had the 4 puck disc so my advice would be to get the extreme with the street disc what ever u do is don't get maxx extreme u will regret it later yeah u might bark all the way though all 5 gears like i did but it will do some major harm to the tranny and eventuall ruin it and crack your motor mounts and maybe have to get all new ones just a little advice anyway clutch masters is comelpetly comparable to act u just can't get anything like a puck disk unless u are going to use it only on the dragstrip and have the money to burn on transmisisons all the time just trying to help other people please say what u think about what i just wrote thanks hope that helped

·
Registered
768 Posts
What should one expect to pay for the clutch? and then install? I have 171,000 on mine and its running fine... but I know that it will eventually go

·
Registered
111 Posts
anywhere from 200 to about 500 depending on what u need and what kind it is and what kinda horsepower u have on ur car so just depends

1 - 7 of 7 Posts