Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am painting my headlights before nopi, but what kinda paint I can use. Do i need a high temp paint, and also what brand has a really dark shade to it because my friend got some black high temp paint and his turned out a dark grey when it had dryed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
paint

i used regular duplicolor gunmetal on my lights, and it worked fine. if u're really concerned, try spraying a high temp clear clear coat.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I used a black rust paint. Doesnt have to be high temp...for some reason ppl think thweir headloights become ovens. :rolleyes: If it makes you feel safer use high temp.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i got it done now. they came out perfect. only thing is the lens cover has buildup on it, it'e been there but it contrasts more with the black now, i heard that toothpaste and a high speed buffer gets this off. what else would do it?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
the lens has build-up? are you talking about condensation, or something else? if it's condensation, all you'll need is a bottle of clear silicone (or siliconized at least) caulk. just look at your headlights, and anywhere you see a gap between the lens and the housing (even a small one is enough), squirt some caulk into the gap and let it dry overnight.

if you're talking about build-up like from waxing, then you can just use a paint cleaner (Mother's or Meguiar's are both good) if you have glass lenses. if they're plastic, then you're kinda SOL, cause anything that will remove the wax will probably remove parts of the lens as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts