Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im gonna drive my car from oregon to LA and im thinking of replacing the timing belt i dont know in what shape it is but i dont want to take any chances so imma turbo my car in a couple of months should i use a honda oem belt or some other brand???
now wheni drive my car hard or when i go to school in the morning and the car is cold the gas pedal sticks and i have to pump it a cuple of times and it comes loose once again what can it be???? :(

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
maacb16 said:
hey guys im gonna drive my car from oregon to LA and im thinking of replacing the timing belt i dont know in what shape it is but i dont want to take any chances so imma turbo my car in a couple of months should i use a honda oem belt or some other brand???
now wheni drive my car hard or when i go to school in the morning and the car is cold the gas pedal sticks and i have to pump it a cuple of times and it comes loose once again what can it be???? :(
hmmmm. it shouldnt be so bad when it warms up. the gas throttle cable is probably just freezing. just use the OEM belt. itll be fine.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
also check to see if the throttle cable isnt slightly bent or pinched anywhere. I had a problem with it getting stuck because someone tried to tidy up the bay, and pinched the cable.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
i say oem or a good timing belt kit from napa or carquest...one that meets oem requirements

also check for a binding cable or something

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
yeah it's always better to let your car heat up before any driving. Also i got the Greddy timing belt due to the longer life on it, and it meets OEM stats. I'm guessing it's the cable freezing.....pump it a few times

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.