Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so does it suck mentally and physically having to take it everywhere...?

I hate taking it up hills or to like NYC or JC where there are potholes and stuff.

Especially when I want to be all stealthy and stuff, my N1 doesn't exactly do it for me and the lude SH in general will get looks...

it's not like a ferrari but damn...

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never driven my car in the snow before...I wonder how it will do?

· Registered
9 Posts
got a 4th gen...96 si to be exact. just recently made the decision to shun it's "stockness" and now starting to add mods...and yeah, it's my daily driver.

cool thing is...i'm still under 67K miles! :D

· Registered
652 Posts
I have a 4 Gen (93 Si) with Vtec Swap........Yes it is daily driven.
I got a body kit on mine and after every winter I buy a new front bumper, It's been like that for three years already.......I wish they could make some nice utherane front bumpers for 4th gen...... the only one I know of is WW Big Mouth, but it looks too smiley for me........

PS: the bumper doesn't crack from the snow or anyhting.... it's just that all the roads get fu*ked up after cold seasons, and you get a lot of holes and construction works........that's the joy of driving a car in chicago.. LOL

· Premium Member
15,402 Posts
2001 MILANO RED PRELUDE...11,000 miles..since december 16, 2001 5:36pm.(time rolled off the lot)

i hate driving it to work, and school..only cuz adding miles..but hey..ur gonna add miles so im extra carefull driving it..and stuff..

but i love the lude.

· Registered
38 Posts
I got a 99, and I only drive it like once a week, like on Sunday...I baby mine alot. Its never been in the raain or snow, it just lives in my garage and i put stuff on it. Its torn up half the time since I got hella stuff that i need to put on....My daily driver is a 91 Hyundai Excel, its fat

· Registered
1,829 Posts
I have a 97 base and it is my only car. I drive through snow and everything. If it wasn't my only car, I would probably put some more aftermarket equipment on it. The stock RE92's handle terribly in snow. I got RE730's, which is a 3 season tire, so I guess I will have to buy a set of snow tires unfortunately.

· Registered
62 Posts
I have a 99 base and I live in WI I have to drive it 96 miles to school and back, I just hate the rain and snow and driving behind anyone w/out mud flaps the front end if you look close it peppered w/ stone marks, I wish I could just keep it in the garage. I keep it clean and waxed but the fresh wax doesn't last long w/ all the bugs and crap on the roads

· Registered
121 Posts
i have a 94 SI with a jap spec engine (29000) miles and it is my daily driver, and i drive it everywhere, just like i drove my last engine, i love my car, but i havnt had tha chance to drive in tha snow, but i will have plenty of chances considering i live in utah, so i have to take off my extention to my cold air intake for tha winter, hopfully my car does alright, but i have to get a new set of tires too.

· Registered
756 Posts
what sucks is having a cv axle break and you have to go without the car for 3 days while the store gets the replacement in..

i've been mudboggin' in my car...heh. i guess it just doesn't bother me to get my car a "little" dirty.

· Registered
1 Posts
1993 VTEC
I/H/E/CAT
Tein SS coilovers
ACT Extreme PP and 6 puck disc
Polyurethane mounts
lots of stereo shit

I only drive it in good weather and where I know the roads are decent. My daily driver is a 1998 wrangler, lifted sittin on 33's.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
many have ludes and use them daily...hmmm...

it sucks though don't it...always having to worry about scratches, door dings, jealous types.

way I see it I see the point of getting another car but then again I think "when Im gone from this earth, someone else will inheret my car, then most likely they'll drive it to hell and back...so life is too short to baby my car..."

jay

· Registered
128 Posts
I have a 97 base lude and its my daily driver too. I really don't like adding all the miles to it but when you gotta go, you gotta go....:rolleyes:

· Registered
25 Posts
I have a 99 SH, and it's my daily driver.
Mine does ok in winter... but have to be extra careful or I'll need a new bumper easily...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.