Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was putting my homework assignments into my external hard drive. so when turn my hard drive on it got stuck with the autoloading info. den all of a sudden it said files cannot be found and are lost.

now the hard drive doesnt read or anything in any of my computers? i have so much important shit saved on it. is there anything i can do to recover this?

now the hard doesnt even get reconized when i plug it into the usb port?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah its like the hard drive blew out..wont reconize it in any of my computers.

is there anything i can do to get my data and files back?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
domscivic said:
can you take the actual hard drive out of the case?? then you could try and slave it on the computer.

does it sound like its clicking or just not spinning at all?
yea its making wierd noises.

u mean the usb connection in the drive itself? what happened was i turned it on to loaded the drive. then it goes stuck in the loading mode. next thing i know it says f:drive failure...all data is lost and unsaved or something

not its making a wierd wierd sound

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
yea its making wierd noises.

u mean the usb connection in the drive itself? what happened was i turned it on to loaded the drive. then it goes stuck in the loading mode. next thing i know it says f:drive failure...all data is lost and unsaved or something

not its making a wierd wierd sound

no im not talkin about the usb connection, in some external hard drives, you can take out the hard drive as if its a regular drive

if the hard drive is making wierd noices, stick it in the freezer over night, no joke, the metal will shrink from the coldness and you might be able to get 5 minutes out of it to back up your stuff

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
i seen a thread of people putting their hard drive in a bag and putting it in ice cold water. the hard drive start working again long enough for them to get what they need out of it before it started fucking up again. so until you figure out whether if your hard drive is totally fucked up, try the freezer thing later.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IntegraTypeRS said:
i seen a thread of people putting their hard drive in a bag and putting it in ice cold water. the hard drive start working again long enough for them to get what they need out of it before it started fucking up again. so until you figure out whether if your hard drive is totally fucked up, try the freezer thing later.
how would i figure out if the hard drive is tottally fucked up first?

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
like asked before, is it making clicking noises? what kind of "weird noises" is it making? and probably the best way to see if it's fuked up is to take the hard drive out of the external case and put it inside your computer to test it out.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IntegraTypeRS said:
like asked before, is it making clicking noises? what kind of "weird noises" is it making? and probably the best way to see if it's fuked up is to take the hard drive out of the external case and put it inside your computer to test it out.
sounds like a cutting out thing...

is it hard to install directly into my desktop? ive never done it before. or should i do the freezer thing first?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
domscivic said:
try installing it directly on the computer first, its just like installing a normal hard drive. Except you have to make sure you slave it
but if i try to other easier method first i cant go back to installing it directly? kinda wanna avoid opening up the tower...in case some other shit goes wrong...damn this past 2 months sucks for me when it came to computers

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
but if i try to other easier method first i cant go back to installing it directly? kinda wanna avoid opening up the tower...in case some other shit goes wrong...damn this past 2 months sucks for me when it came to computers
lol ive noticed :p

try the freezer first then, hopefully that will help

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
domscivic said:
lol ive noticed :p

try the freezer first then, hopefully that will help
any estimated time in freeze? so stick the whole external drive into there? with the case or do i need to removie it from the case?

how exactly does this work? or what does it do when it freezes it. seems like its like locked up or something the sounds it makes are wierd

also would seagate know about this and void my 5 years warranty?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i tried to install it as a slave but its still not detecting...so is it fried? what the hell happened?? i really expected better dependability than that

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
well i tried to install it as a slave but its still not detecting...so is it fried? what the hell happened?? i really expected better dependability than that
damn dude im really sorry to hear that, what kind of hard drive was it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.