Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what motor's you guys/girls have put in your sols, whats done to them, how they're running, if it was a pain to get and and if your having problems with the swap?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have a jdm b18c with intake, exhaust, ecu, clutch, short shifter, vafc2, and it runs great. Just some advice, have a shop put it in, they do clean work, and its usually garunteed (sp.??)

·
Registered
39 Posts
b16 =\

honda swaps are easy, a couple of my buds just threw in a jdm b16 in a eg hatch over the weekend, good stuff :clap

·
Registered
168 Posts
D16 with 217Hp, that's crazy.

right now I am running a D15, with probley about 150 or so Hp.

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
Stock with the B16, hyrdolocked it, threw a JDM B16 in there, now runnin a Precision SC34 at 10 psi. Runnin strong, turned about 250 to the tires with a HUGE exhaust leak that we didn't find till after tuning, so i really don't know what she's puttin down now, i'll let you know after the 26th when i go back and re-dyno

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
AndrewD65 said:
D16 with 217Hp, that's crazy.

right now I am running a D15, with probley about 150 or so Hp.
i'll be happy when i hit 300whp(but that won't make me stop :evil), i saw a site of a D w/ 500whp...the numbers didnt add up to me though

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
try 105. unless you have bolt ons, 110 in that case.

my d16 was only 160hp @ 5psi

·
Registered
213 Posts
jdm B18c with je 9:1 pistons and eagle rods aem short ram intake(used to be cold air) spec stage 2 clutch, kaiten flywheel, and probably about $6000 worth of turbo parts sitting in my room waiting more patiently than i am.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
dsrspwr said:
i'll be happy when i hit 300whp(but that won't make me stop :evil), i saw a site of a D w/ 500whp...the numbers didnt add up to me though
a few years back, on h-t... there was a guy using a d15, sleeved into a 1.4litre. high compression pushing 205 wheel n/a

that was wicked

race fuel only :lol: (it was a dragger)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
LostSolVTEC said:
turned about 250 to the tires with a HUGE exhaust leak that we didn't find till after tuning,

nothing wrong wiht more throughput :) (unless its before the turbo

·
Registered
872 Posts
Originally Posted by:
dsrspwr
try 105. unless you have bolt ons, 110 in that case.

I dont think thats accurate for an Si..thats an S isn't it....

"while the sportier Si carried a 1.6-liter 125-horsepower four with variable valve timing. Five-speed manual and optional 4-speed automatic transmissions were available, and a driver-side airbag was standard. So were power windows and a tilt steering wheel."

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2173

·
Registered
872 Posts
...oh and sorry i forot i have i/h/e and my dad tuned the car slightly on timing.

i dont have it dynoed..but it shoudl be arounf 140, like i said..but i didnt mention the bolt-ons

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
hate to burst your bubble, but i/h/e wont give a huge significance on an sohc...

on a turbo car you can talk an easy 20whp, but a small n/a engine doesnt respond as well unless upping compression significantly and or force feeding.

then again, weight reduction and better tires can make a car faster too.

·
Registered
872 Posts
really? why wouldn't they have a decent effect?...why would it be diff then a DOHC, in results...again i haven't dynoed it but those were the #'s i was expecting...i'll hafta go do it i guess to solve this issue lol

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Sk8trPunkTMW said:
Originally Posted by:
dsrspwr

I dont think thats accurate for an Si..thats an S isn't it....

"while the sportier Si carried a 1.6-liter 125-horsepower four with variable valve timing. Five-speed manual and optional 4-speed automatic transmissions were available, and a driver-side airbag was standard. So were power windows and a tilt steering wheel."
http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2173
Dude, that's 125HP "at the flywheel", which would be
about 100-105WHP, maybe. I'm in the same boat: D16Z6.
It's a quick little car, though, so I'm cool with it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
oh i didnt realize it was at the flywheel..yeahn it makes sense, but i didnt know it was measured at the fly...im not bragging about my car by anymeans i hope its not coming off that way, i know its not fast, but its fun, and thats al that matters...for now... until i get a GTO then its about power LOL :evil

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
yea my car is supposed to be at 320 crank hp.... it only puts down 243-245 wheel after drive train loss

1 - 20 of 30 Posts