Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, check it out. Havent posted in awhile. Anyway, I have a 98 Civic EX ....lowered, front and rear strut bars, DC Sports header and intake and a cat back exhaust system. Lets face it, its the stock engine...and im not really able to keep up with alot of the guys on the street. So i need some suggestions for some go fast mods. I'll hopefully be graduating this year, and getting a job. I'm gonna want to dump some money into my car, so I was wondering what you guys thought would be a good next mod. A friend of mind told me to get a VTEC head as well as an ECU....but lemme know what you guys think.
Steve

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
kommon_sense said:
your engine already has vtec...

if you already have the boltons and they complement each other properly, then its time to take a look at the internals. Please consult the civic tech forum faq for more info on cams, headwork, etc.
u sure it has vtec cuz it doesnt say it on the valve cover ;)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I would do NOS or turbo. NOS is the best back for your $$$ that you can get.

Matt

·
Registered
527 Posts
boost it!!!!!!!!! I have a y8 and it does ok and the only thing an si has on me is the fact that I can't pull up a hill. To fix that I'm getting a high lift cam and new valvetrain, then boosting it I am exspecting to be 13's if not high 12's. But first the old auto to 5-speed.(like I've been told I should be running.)
I wouldn't change the engine. if it's a y8 or z6 they scream boosted and you can do it for resonable if you piece a 1st or 2nd gen eclipse turbo set with a civic manifold. You can keep it hidden that it's turbo'd if you want because of the sidemount intercooler. Go to homemadeturbo.com they have the 1st and 2nd gen turbo's for under 100 dollars that are of good quality and don't need rebuilt.

99 ex auto:( v-afc, tb spacer, a/c gone, slammed, fat fives 205/50/15's lighter than steelies., full header back exhaust, intake tower bars front and rear. camber kits, front and rear

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Civic_reigns said:
if it's a non vtec engine, try using a vtec box for longer fuel flow...plus non vtecs kicks in faster than vtec's...all youll be needing from a vtec box is the longer fuel flow...believe me, it helps...
what in the world are you talking about?

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
asianpride559 said:
u sure it has vtec cuz it doesnt say it on the valve cover ;)
i was like whoa when i first read this, cuase i was thinking shouldnt a tech mod know this then i got to the bottom.

there are tons of things you can still do to the car but that means $$$

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
loon said:
i was like whoa when i first read this, cuase i was thinking shouldnt a tech mod know this then i got to the bottom.

there are tons of things you can still do to the car but that means $$$
no problem yup money is the main issue or we would all be running 10s

·
Registered
12 Posts
kommon_sense said:
what in the world are you talking about?
dudes, here in the philippines, we get to experiment a lot...and believe it or not, it does work and it did help....peace....our shop currently has 12 cars running on the same experimental tunning including mine....shaved off almost a Second from the quarter mile time...peace

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Civic_reigns said:
dudes, here in the philippines, we get to experiment a lot...and believe it or not, it does work and it did help....peace....our shop currently has 12 cars running on the same experimental tunning including mine....shaved off almost a Second from the quarter mile time...peace
well here in the US its different...i dont knoe wat kinda tuner u guys over there have but no one here has heard of a vtec box before. wats a vtec box? show me and ill believe u. and show some dyno graphs. timing from a stopwatch dont mean nothing..so i boudt u shaved 1 sec off.

do u knoe wat vtec is? its not something out of a cereal box. so how do u add a vtec solenoid to a non vtec head??? :rolleyes

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
my iq just dropped...

dude, it helps. fO reaLZ!

cuz nonvtec kicks in faster? wtf is nonvtec, and how does it kick in faster?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.