Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 1988 CRX Si with the intention of doing a mini me swap. But ive decided to wait, build up the rest of the car and then drop a motor in. My car came with Koni adjustable struts(yellow) and neuspeed springs and the rest is bone stock. I was wondering what you guys can suggest for me to upgrade next . im trying to stay on some sort of budget, but will spend what i need to, in order to get quality build and performance. i want concentrate on the suspension first but if these cars have any inherent problems you know about i will concentrate on that.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Strut brace/sway bar and you're basically set as far as suspension goes. Get an exhuast and an intake because they are transferable to the next engine you get. Make sure your hatch doesn't leak and if it does be sure to seal it as soon as possible. Take the black trim out from the rear wheel well to prevent rust, and basically the rest is up to you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
He's talking about the infamous HONDA RUST. Check your rear fender well, see if you have some rust building up there...

save up money for a b16a, the only car it belongs in is the CRX & EF Civic so you're in good shape.

I suggest wait until the new powerplant. From then you can asses what you want to do.
Your suspension sounds good so far...you may want to upgrade to new bushings as your car (like mine) is over 15 years old.

Right now? maybe a new paint job? I would save up for the motor.

:w00t

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all this feedback

well i had dreams of a b18 or a k20 if i could make it fit, but the motor is far into the future right now. im probally going to do a ST rear sway bar, and if i go with strut braces are the ones that i see on ebay any good, seems to me that strut braces are just a peice of alluminum, but some are adjustable and thickness of the material differs? so name wouldnt really matter just material specs?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
why do people believe stuff on ebay is good to put on their cars because its cheaper?

ebay car parts are shit unless tehy are name brand and well known like skunk 2, toda, etc etc

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
the 13th round said:
read the whole fucking post and you might answer something usefull like my questions.
you can get generic things from ebay. intakes, strut/sway bars...headlights..just dont get any of the performance shit unless youre confident. and there isnt much of that. strut bars are just pieces of metal that bolt onto your strut towers. itll stiffen your ride some. but are you really willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a skunk 2 strut tower brace, which is basically the same metal bar?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so my assumption about those tie bars is correct, i wouldnt buy generic performance parts, but if they are just peices of metal that stiffen the body of the car then 40 bucks on ebay is as much as i would spend, anymore and i would just weld steel across from mount to mount.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
DRop in a b18a then boost it.I mean who (besides me) dosnt have a b16a crx..?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts