Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if there are some parts that are interchangable between these motors. Specifically, Im interested to know if the distributor, throttle body, valves, ECU, and injectors. I know the injectors are the same style, but I am unsure as to the flow rates on them...being that the h23 is 30hp stronger from the factory...

As you might have guessed, I have found a h23a for a fair price but it has bent valves from someone screwing around with the cam gears too much. What could possibly be affected besides the valves themselves? Is this something I even want to get into?

Thanks.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I would stay away from that H23. Some parts might fit, but in no way would it be designed for the F22. Plus you are also talking DOHC and SOHC engines, the ecu would not be interchangeable.

Also, if the valves are bent, who knows what else could be wrong. Blown cylinders, blown head gasket, etc.... Unless he is selling you the H23 for 100 bucks, stay away. Also, if he is selling it for 100 bucks, strip it and sell it for parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.