Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some info on shocks, I am going to get 2000 ITR Springs and might as well get a better shock while I am at it. So let me know what you have? What you would like to have? What you have heard works best?

Thanks!

· Registered
1,481 Posts
i was running the KYB AGX's, but took em off so i could put my car for sale. I have felt the Koni Yellows, and I was so pissed i didnt wait to get the money together for these shocks! The Koni yellows are hands down the best shocks out there.

· Banned
593 Posts
Tenchi - I'm about to get Koni yellows also, but was wondering how do you know what adjustiments you make to the shocks? For example the KYB agxs have numbers, but Konis don't do they? How do I know if I'm on firm setting or stiff? Also whats a good balance to set the konis to? I have a pro kit on my car.

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Bryanmoe said:
i was running the KYB AGX's, but took em off so i could put my car for sale. I have felt the Koni Yellows, and I was so pissed i didnt wait to get the money together for these shocks! The Koni yellows are hands down the best shocks out there.
I just ordered my springs, and need one more week to get the money for the struts. I was going to just buy the kyb/agx's cause really thats all I can afford.

Should I wait and save for the koni's? I really just want a nice smooth ride, and I have felt the agx's and they feel smooth to me.

What do you guys think?

· Registered
105 Posts
I like Tokico and would recomend them the illumina's are realy nice every pair I have installed got atleats a 5 min test drive, they even ride nice with the stiff ass skunk2 coil overs. I think the best feature about them is how easy it is to adjust them.

· Registered
691 Posts
I'm strongly considering the Tokico Illuminas. Anybody know the best place to get them? Also, how good are they for "cruising?" I commute everyday and would like a nice smooth ride for the drive. (BTW, that is not the only reason I'm getting adjustables, just one of the reasons)

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
Psyk0tic said:
Tenchi - I'm about to get Koni yellows also, but was wondering how do you know what adjustiments you make to the shocks? For example the KYB agxs have numbers, but Konis don't do they? How do I know if I'm on firm setting or stiff? Also whats a good balance to set the konis to? I have a pro kit on my car.
Well you have to play with them. The Konis do not have numbers on them. You will know where the firm and soft settings are by the knob that they send you to adjust them. I have mine set on 1 full turn in the back and 1/2 a turn on the front. I am going to keep playing with them until I find the right setting for me.

· Registered
283 Posts
I have eibach sportline with koni yellows, they are very nice, good ride quality, good response, lowered on the 15" only half finger, will looks perfect on 17", but if i have to choose again, i will get the full coilover system like tein...

· Registered
794 Posts
Bryanmoe said:
I couldn't help noticing, you're selling your car? I thought you absolutely loved your car!! Oh and, are you still trying to join the force?

· Registered
2 Posts
ill ph8ed said:
I have eibach sportline with koni yellows, they are very nice, good ride quality, good response, lowered on the 15" only half finger, will looks perfect on 17", but if i have to choose again, i will get the full coilover system like tein...
who doesnt want TEIN? but how much is that shit? very $$

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.