Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lowering my car soon with skunk2 springs... are the KYB GR-2's that im planning on putting with them capable of handling the 2" drop... i assume so since they are performance shocks but i wanted to double check on my investments :D

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
904lude said:
im lowering my car soon with skunk2 springs... are the KYB GR-2's that im planning on putting with them capable of handling the 2" drop... i assume so since they are performance shocks but i wanted to double check on my investments :D
skunk2 springs are really stiff...so i dun think kyb gr2 can handle such low drop...try 1"-1.25" drop...or try kyb agx...

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
H&R sports springs with KYB AGX
Neuspeed sport springs with KYB AGX

two of the most common combos. They work really well together. But personally if you gonna spend 500 on shocks and springs i'd chip in another 200 and just get tein's or omnipower full coilover's.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes your shock could handle your skunk2......for only a few months though :(

Its funny how all these so called performance shock can't even go lower than 1.5-1.75, I mean when they built it didn't they know that performance vehicles are 95% dropped. I would understand a crazy 3 inch drop would be rediculous but you would think a 2" drop would be ok. Sorry just expressing my opinions. Also if you buy ""performance shocks"" you cant even use it for ""performance"" events like autox, or SCCA ect ect. You'll void the warrenty. Sounds like some BS huh....but people beat the crap outta shocks so they can't just replace one after another.

Anyways if you want some dampening adjustments and is ok with a 1.5 drop then go with adj shocks and sport springs, but if you don't mind it being a little stiff with nice height adj then go with omni.

if you want it all then go with some tein flex or something like that but for 1200 plus.

I say if price is an issue go with KYB-AGX and some sport springs. You can always call the shock companies themselves and ask for their max drop they recommend.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I'd go with H&R sport springs and KYB agx adj shocks.

then get a 4 wheel alignment.

you don't need coilovers.....they are a waste of money....unless your going to cornerweight then...and use them to get specific spring rates...otherwise....its not worth it. everytime you lower or raise the car...your gonna need to get a wheel alignment.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
lOOkatme said:
I'd go with H&R sport springs and KYB agx adj shocks.

then get a 4 wheel alignment.

you don't need coilovers.....they are a waste of money....unless your going to cornerweight then...and use them to get specific spring rates...otherwise....its not worth it. everytime you lower or raise the car...your gonna need to get a wheel alignment.
I dunno about that...I mean yea...it's pain in the ass to get an alignment evertime you adjust them, but they come in handy when you live in an area that sees tough winters.

·
Registered
498 Posts
so what i've been reading lately from posts like this and all the searches i've been doing is that h&r sports springs with kyb agx adjustable shocks is the way to go.

i've been running on eibach pro springs with tokico ilumina adjustable shocks for years now, and no matter what i do now, it's way to stiff for my tastes. maybe it's just i'm getting old for this stuff. :eek in any case, can i get some kind of confirmation that the h&r sport and kyb agx combo will ride at least somewhat close to stock?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
blitzkrg said:
so what i've been reading lately from posts like this and all the searches i've been doing is that h&r sports springs with kyb agx adjustable shocks is the way to go.

i've been running on eibach pro springs with tokico ilumina adjustable shocks for years now, and no matter what i do now, it's way to stiff for my tastes. maybe it's just i'm getting old for this stuff. :eek in any case, can i get some kind of confirmation that the h&r sport and kyb agx combo will ride at least somewhat close to stock?
yeah the kyb and h&r sport combo is just a little stiffer than stock, ive been on it for 6 months or so and it doesnt really bother me at all.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
does anyone have a pic of their 4th GEN with the H&R/GR-2 setup. the reason i was goin w/ skunk2 was for the lower drop, but if H&Rs still allow the tires to snuggle with the wheel well then ill go with that... even though i wish i could afford the AGX's... guess ill have to keep saving. so to confirm it, will the AGX's (adjustables) hold up to the skunk2 2" drop and/or will the GR-2's hold up to the H&R 1.5" drop? also with camber kits... does brand name really matter? :bh

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would personally go with H&R sports with Koni "yellows". That's what i'm riding on with an SPC camber kit in the front. The ride isn't too harsh but the handling is much improved. I hear the Koni's are more durable and better manufactured, although they are slightly more expensive. The koni's also have an adjustable perch with 3 settings the neuspeed koni's have 5 perches and a shorter piston for lowered applications. I can't knock the KYB's cuz i don't know much about them but i'm very happy with Koni's and i'm surprised no one else has mentioned them. The place i got my setup gave me a better deal w/ koni's, h&r sports, ST front and rear sway bars, Tanabe rear tower bar, tanabe front lower underbrace, and a neuspeed front tower brace, oh yeah and the SPC kit. it was a while back but i paid around 900 shipped. and the install is a breeze.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think im gonna go with the majority here and stick with the H&R's and AGX's. but does anyone have pictures of their 4th Gen with H&R's on it. its only a 1.3" drop and a wanna see the wheel gap! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.