Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going to be selling the hatch in 2-3 months depending on how long it takes me to save up the amount of money I need to save to add onto the down payment of an AP1 S2000 - probably 2002 so I can get the rear glass instead of plastic. I am trying to figure out how much I should ask for the car - what would you guys offer on the car if it was you?

Below is a modlist and pricing as far as how much I have spent. Keep in mind the car was bought on a salvage title in June of 2005 for 3300 - all that was needed was a new front bumper and hood (no frame damage) and was practically given a new paintjob at 133k miles. Also, all performance modifications were done starting in about July/August of 2005. The body of the car has around 149k miles (bought with 133k miles almost exactly 1 year ago) and the motor has around 47k miles.

The Rest of the Highway Pics Are Here:
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/CFactor/350zhatch/

Modlist:

JDM D15b with P08 ECU (converting to p28) and JDM transmission
AEM Short Ram
Carsound Cat
Invidia N1 Exhaust
VX Crank Pulley

Omnipower Coilovers
Omnipower Camber Kit and new alignment
Wicked Tuning LCA's
15" Rota Grids (Royal Gunmetal) with brand new tires before sale of vehicle
Will be installing all new OEM brakes (front rotors/pads and rear drums)

8000k HIDs
Black Housing Headlights
Vision Amber Corners
Spoon style CF Spoiler
20% tint with 50% on the front
Integra GSR Cloth Seats

I wont list the system mods but I spent a total of 2400 dollars on the system, including the 2 way alarm.

So how much should I realistically ask? In total the car and modifications all together cost just under 9000 dollars (minus installs) which is about 5700 in modifications. I want to try and get 6500-7000. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Well I got my GSR with 70k for 7k, and even that was a little much. It was in the same mint condition as your Civic appears to be. You have a little D motor and it would be nice to get 6.5 to 7k, but if you want that much, then go ahead and list it now. It might be in the ad for a while.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what came with the integra?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just looking chances are I am going to get at least 6500 for it. Most of the cars I saw in that range were modded coupes/hatches (seems that they ahve become less rare) but they all had horrible paint, b18b or b20s. Some had B18C1s and those were going in the upper 8000s. None of htem had sound/interior and minor exterior work. Also they were in horrible condition - the interior of my car aside from a hole in the floorboard is immaculate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
you got a great car going on there, but to another person, the mods might not be their taste.

plus the fact that its salvage hurts it. i mean with salvage, practically anything can be true, history is unknown.

if you can get 6.5k then thats pretty good in your case.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
These are my thoughts and only mine.

I would never pay $6500 for a 11 year old civic no matter what mods were done

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i was doing some figuring if I save up 3 grand and get 5500 for the hatch conditional if i find a s2k in the 16500 price range I will only be paying 166 a month at 8.9% interest. So we will see what happens in the future.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
CFactor said:
yeah i was doing some figuring if I save up 3 grand and get 5500 for the hatch conditional if i find a s2k in the 16500 price range I will only be paying 166 a month at 8.9% interest. So we will see what happens in the future.
Have you gotten an insurance quote?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
96civic3door said:
Well good luck on it, i did not mean to come off like an ass.
haha you didnt in the slightest

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
flyingtoaster said:
Have you gotten an insurance quote?
Not yet I was figuring an extra 100-125 per month on top of what i was already paying. Think itll be higher?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
CFactor said:
Not yet I was figuring an extra 100-125 per month on top of what i was already paying. Think itll be higher?
That sounds about right, but call around 20th century, State Farm, Farmers, etc. If you live in an area where cars don't get stolen and if you don't think you'll make a claim, then try one of the cheaper companies like Geico. IMO, when insurance is higher than the payment, you're better off keeping what you have and saving/investing.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this is a high theft area so screw geico haha.

As far as if I do have to keep the hatch how hard would it be to add AC?

·
Registered
269 Posts
honestly, dont expect much. Maybe 5, maybe less, you dont get JACK for mod parts. If anything you get less for a modded car vs stock because they KNOW you beat on it, even if you didnt thats just not peace of mind on the other end. It is in nice condition so i guess thats a plus, but id expect 4500

p.s., whoever bought those b18's were abunch of retarded ricers who didnt know wtf they were paying for lol. I saw a b18 crx at import wars the other mother with some mods, and an si trani with a price in the window of 3500...

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
CFactor said:
this is a high theft area so screw geico haha.

As far as if I do have to keep the hatch how hard would it be to add AC?
There are four components (evaporator, condensor, compressor, receiver/dryer), two lines (discharge line, suction line), and a bunch of bolts holding everything together. You don't need any special tools and everything is accounted for in the Helms manual. Is there a compressor mounting location on your front engine mount? Do you already have the climate control option for A/C?
doobieboy said:
p.s., whoever bought those b18's were abunch of retarded ricers who didnt know wtf they were paying for lol. I saw a b18 crx at import wars the other mother with some mods, and an si trani with a price in the window of 3500...
:confused

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.