Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an f22 motor in my prelude an have an intak, header, highflow cat, and straight through muffler. Also have an air/fuel modifier, plugs, wires, grounding kit. I'm not really looking to go turbo on this car. I'm thinking about getting an h23 because it will bolt on to my tranny and i won't have a lot of modification to do. Everything i have now will transfer directly to the h23 and yes that includes the header. But here are some things i was thinking about getting that can be used on the f22 and the possible future h23. Fuel pressure regulator and increase it by a few psi, high volume fuel rail, aem pulley kit ....or light wieght offbrand pulleys for my power steering and alternator, cam gear (won't work on h23 ... just to hold me over till then.), .... but i don't think these will give me all that much power and i can' tthink of anything else to do to it without going into the f22 motor which would be pointless if i don't plan on keeping it for except for another year or 2. Thanks for all the help guys. Peace
-Mike

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
since you can't really think of anything to do right now, you could just save the money and put it toward that H23.

Yea, I know, it's much more fun to spend it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm starting to become more and more dissatisfied with my prelude. The f22 engine is a peice of crap and there ain't shit out there for it. I realize it would take bill gate's money to make it run even a 13 sec quarter ..... if i had the h23 in the future with a 75 shot of nos + mods would be stuck in 13 till i go into the engine and increase compression and get new camshafts. The swap +engine will be 2 g's i estimate. I'm highly tempted to sell my car and get either a civic si (whatever year has the b16 vtec), and older muscle car to restore, or get an older eclipse/talon thats factory turbo'ed because they are already fast and i can still upgrade them. All i know is this honda power is gettin too expensive.
-Mike

·
Registered
601 Posts
If your looking to buy an H23, makes sense to just pick up an H22 instead. That would be much quicker and nicer than a civic si.. more torque, more power, more style. :tu:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
what did you expect with a prelude S for Slackin. you need a h22 trust me. unless you want to buy my all motor H23 cause i'm takin it out soon. you just need to realize that with a heavy prelude it's not cost efective to be runnin with sohc. there's nothing wrong with a prelude, i'll never want a civic over my prelude.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've come to my senses after a ton of crap and was in a gloomy mood when i wrote this. Here's my decision. I'm still going to get an old fixer upper hotrod with my dad within the next 1/2 to year but i'm going to start saving up for the h23 block. I've decided to use my current intake, wires, a/f, header, and exhaust and have the h23 head sent to gude and have them regrind the camshafts, port, polish, new springs retainers valves etc, (1650) for hidden performance, then build the bottom end with forged 10:1 compression pistons and some eagle econo rods ....... wondering if i should get the deck resleeved or not. Then run the wet 75 shot of nitrous along with upgraded fuel delivery like aem fuel rail, pressure regulator, and filter. Get a lil more delivery injectors. I'm already saving my money up ....the plans could change in the future. I have an automatic tranyy already in there and it costs a but load to swap to a manny. Do the f22 and si's use the same auto tranny? also could i bolt in a 1997-2001 automatic prelude tranny. Just wondering. I'm expecting to spend around 4000-5000 if i buy from the right guys ...(already looked into it) if i don't get a tranny. But all in all i think i'll be satisfied with the h23 NA and have the nos for the track and big talking mustang gt's low modified around here at my high school. Peace out and drive safe.
-Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts