Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm looking at getting an integra and i really want the grs for a few reasons, but it would be much easier for me to get an LS. My question is, is it worth waiting a few weeks (maybe even months) for the gsr, or can a LS be made to perform like the gsr fairly easily? also, did the Ls come in leather? thanks guys!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I believe stock Ls dont' come in leather, thats why they make the GS model and GSR, At one time GSR didn't have leather. It was an option then later made standard. I would wait for the GSR its worth it. It depends on your future mods and expectations. It all depends what your planing to do with the car. Read more stickies about what you can do with these two motors and how it will fit your budget. Hope this gives some insite.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
yeah keep reading up on the two models, then get back to us. They each have their own advantages. Don't forget that the GS-R will have higher insurance.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
jdmhonda98 said:
IF YOU WANNA GO TURBO, THEN THE LS IS BETTER. IF YOU WANT ALL MOTOR THEN THE GSR IS A WAY TO GO
NOT NECESSARILY, and please stop using all-caps.

An all-motor LS typically has much better low and midrange power than a GS-R, and is superior for autocrossing. Which, in the opinion of 95% of the people who try it, is a hell of a lot more fun than drag racing....

·
Registered
158 Posts
blah blah blah balh goes white98ls... weeee... ;) you are such a smart ass!!!! as it stands im get'n a new car to go auto-crossing with.... in about a year.. but I'll see you (White98ls) at the track! (next year) :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
dish out the extra cash for the vtec. its worth it.
both are great cars but the vtec is definately more fun and faster

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
I disagree. I like having good power at any rpm, flying into a corner and not having to worry about where my revs are if I need to power out or correct my line. VTEC is damn fun, I love high redlines and screamin to the redline. But to me it's not more or less fun, just a different kind.

I have driven many GS-Rs with bolt-ons, and they just don't have enough grunt for me. For autocrossing, you just can't be up in that magic 6-8k range for much of the time, and lugging around every single corner, well, sucks. Also just in daily driving, it's so quick and peppy pulling out from traffic and from a stop, I love it in my LS.

The GS-R isn't even a whole ton faster until you really start modding it past basic bolt-ons. Magazines ran stock LS's at 15.9-16.0 in the 1/4 mile vs. 15.6-15.7 for GS-R's. Take into account that the LS needs a shift to 4th gear at the end of the 1/4 mile while a stock GS-R can stay in 3rd, and that's not the huge difference that everyone says it is. Once you're changing actual internals, GS-R's certainly have much more hp potential. But that doesn't mean it's always going to be "more" fun.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Get an LS it is the teg of unlimited potential. you want FI just turbo the B18B in it, you want to run NA then go LS/VTEC, or even LS/VTEC turbo whatevers clever, I see more potential in the LS.

·
Registered
784 Posts
one other thing to think about is insurance!
this can be a big factor depending on where you live.
for instance for me, and ls was 2400 a year, and if i wanted a gsr it would have been 5g's. that is not worht it in my opinion, because with a few mods you can be just as fast as a gsr, or go ls/vtec and be even more better off. so you can spank the gsr's and pay less in insurance also. sounds like a good deal to me!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
If money is that big of an issue, i would go with the LS, then start saving for turbo! thats probably what everyone else said, but I didnt read their posts.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you're a budget racer, then go for the LS. If you have money to blow then I would go for the GSR. Me personally I would go with the LS cause I like to be the underdog. Just being able to surpass GSR's and Si's with a modded LS is quite thrilling. Everyone wants to mod a GSR cause it has Vtec. When people come up to me about my car, the first thing that comes out of their mouth is....

"Is it a GSR?".
I reply "no it's a LS"
they say"Vtec?"
I say "no"
Then they walk away.:confused:

Sure Vtec is great, but I guess it all comes down to personal perference.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
sik98gsr said:
dish out the extra cash for the vtec. its worth it.
both are great cars but the vtec is definately more fun and faster
Ehh VTEC is overrated, I say go for the LS, more low and mid range torque and with LS you'll have the option of LS/VTEC, Turbo or both.

CGCivicSiT said:
Get an LS it is the teg of unlimited potential. you want FI just turbo the B18B in it, you want to run NA then go LS/VTEC, or even LS/VTEC turbo whatevers clever, I see more potential in the LS.
Your biased, shush it. :p

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Yah I prefer the LS, I mean its all about how fast you can go and how cheaply you can do it the LS is a great car then, GSR is equally nice and can be really quick, honestly I prefer ITR over all of them. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
i've had 2 gsr's and they are fun as hell, one with turbo. it all depends on what you want to do with your car. i believe that both cars have unlimited potential. short gearing and high revs are two great things about the gsr that you won't regret waiting an extra few weeks for. but from people who have ls' always talk about how great the low-mid range torque is so what it comes down to is you driving both cars and then picking which one you like most. also i think that 15.6 is a little high for a stock gsr but then again its from a magazine

·
Registered
18 Posts
LS=Boo urns!!

GS-R is the way Id go... because well... I drive a GS-r... Gs-r comes with leather stock.. crappy LS does not.... I'd say wait for the bigger engine.. YAY DOHC VTEC!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts