Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm about to buy new rims for my 04 TSX, (euro r).

I will most likely be purchasing Tien Basic Coilovers so i can lower the car a bit. I'd like to put some 19" rims on it but wasn't sure if 18's would be best.

I see that most people put 18's, is there any specific reason for this? Loss of lowering ability with 19's, scraping on inner fender with 19's?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I would go with either 17s or 18s. 19s and 20s generally look kindof funny on the TSX. If you drop it, make sure and get a camber kit... There is nothing sexy about negative camber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would go with either 17s or 18s. 19s and 20s generally look kindof funny on the TSX. If you drop it, make sure and get a camber kit... There is nothing sexy about negative camber.
I think I will go with 18's they seem to give a nice mix between dropping the car and filling the gap between the tire and wheel well.

For a camber kit, is there any specific brand you recomend? My car is just a street car, I will not be on the track at all.

I am planning to get the Tien Basic Coilover System.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
If there is only a slight drop, like 1 to 2", then you won't likely need a camber kit unless you get excessive wear on the inside of your tires, or if they look slightly like this /\ when looking at it from the rear. Anything more than that and I would recommend Ingalls - preferably with rubber bushings rather than polyurethane - the poly bushings require CONSTANT lubrication so that they don't squeak, at least in my past experience with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you reccomend the Tein Basic Coilovers or Just save money and get Ground Control Coil Over Springs? The Main thing that I do not want is a "Bouncy Ride"

Also noticed that there are mainly only front Camber kits, will both front ad rear be needed?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Teins are great. The GCs will likely be more bouncy than the Tein Basics.

Rear is typically where the most negative camber shows up. Fronts will be need, again if it looks slightly like this /\ or you're getting excessive wear marks on the insides of your front tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.