Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i will be turning 16 soon and would really like a de sol with probably under 100,000 miles on it but im limited to about 5k to spend on a car, ne 1 know where i can find such a car or have any suggestions as to what graphic kits or rims look the best on de sols and also, how much would insurance run me for a de sol, cheap or expensive.... write me back

· Registered
62 Posts
well as for rims its all about what you like im going with some konig's

try looking at there site!click here for there site
as for insurance bets to call up a few local insurance companys around where you live since it varys from state to state and see what price you get!
NosX72 said:
hey, i will be turning 16 soon and would really like a de sol with probably under 100,000 miles on it but im limited to about 5k to spend on a car, ne 1 know where i can find such a car or have any suggestions as to what graphic kits or rims look the best on de sols and also, how much would insurance run me for a de sol, cheap or expensive.... write me back

· Registered
102 Posts
im lucky.....

i found my 94 DOHC VTEC sol for little over 5k w/ 110k miles...you just have to be patient and not settle for something under what you want....as for rims/etc...its all upt to you, you'll be happy w/ your own personal style, and not someone elses...good luck!

Cory

· Registered
359 Posts
NosX72 said:
del Sols Si cost around less than 5k but if you want a VTEC you´ll have to spend a couple G´s more like 7k or so.

Instead of graphic kits, rims, you should be more concerned about wich performance parts to get; just a thought.

· Registered
62 Posts
blkDOHCsol said:
id do anything humanly possible to wait for a DOHC VTEC model..get a loan from the rents, save more $$..etc.
good luck.
Although that is the ideal del Sol to get, it'll cost him an arm and a leg for insurance, seeing as how he's only 16 with no previous driving experience, not to mention he'll be driving a DOHC VTEC. If the cost of the car isn't going to kill him, the insurance will.

· Registered
28 Posts
Quick Question

I am also in the process of looking for a VTEC sol. The major problem is that a lot of them are salvage, I must have ran into 4 salvaged ones.

Anyways, I noticed that most of you got your sol's at high miles; to me high miles is over 90K. How is the car after that? I know Honda's are dependable and all, but I am planning on getting a Supercharger.

Anyone know how much it cost to rebuild your engine assuming it can be rebuilt?

Any info would be great thanks!

· Registered
111 Posts
Viz79 said:

Although that is the ideal del Sol to get, it'll cost him an arm and a leg for insurance, seeing as how he's only 16 with no previous driving experience, not to mention he'll be driving a DOHC VTEC. If the cost of the car isn't going to kill him, the insurance will.
dude, i got my delsol vtec with 59K for 8200..and insurance isnt that bad. I bought the car when i was 17. Im 19 now, and my dad is still listed as the primary driver. I only have liability just do it man, none of that insurance bullshit..its not too bad.

· Registered
62 Posts
blkDOHCsol said:

dude, i got my delsol vtec with 59K for 8200..and insurance isnt that bad. I bought the car when i was 17. Im 19 now, and my dad is still listed as the primary driver. I only have liability just do it man, none of that insurance bullshit..its not too bad.
Well, it all depends on which insurance company you go with and which coverage you get, but by the sound of the original poster, he doesn't seem to have much money to spend, limiting his budget to only $5K. Also, you may not think you're paying much for insurance on your DOHC VTEC del Sol, but relative to the SOHC VTEC del Sol or even the del Sol S, there's probably a noticeable difference.

If he can find a decent del Sol VTEC and able to afford the DOHC VTEC del Sol, by all means, go for it! :D

· Registered
102 Posts
i totalled my yellow sol and just purchased a DOHC VTEC sol and under my PARENTS insurance, i pay $887 every 6 months. If i'd go under my own name, $1830 every 6 MONTHS!!!..crazy...not tryin to talk u out of it, just givin a heads up...

ps..not everyone was in an accent though :rolleyes:

COry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.