Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the tune up on my car and i bought Bosch Platninum spark plugs. they seem to be working great, but i have been told that bosch plugs are poorely made. just wanted to know if anyone has experienced some great plugs or just know what some popular plugs are.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I use NGK plugs...1 step colder.

instead of the stock 6's replace the 6 with a 7 and thats the plug I have.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
They are horrible , I ran them in several friends cars with lots of problems.....returned to the ol used NGK's and everything went back to normal and power picked back up.

Then normally drove that car right to the store and picked up brand new NGK's and power went up even more. (Dont know how to explain it but the motor felt like is was burning more completely)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
yea, i had those in da lude and they sucked, crappy gas mileage and horrible power

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Bosch platinums are cheap though. like 10 dollars for four.
I gained like 40 miles per full tank on mine.

NGKs are mad expensive...is it worth it to get NGK/Denso over BOSCH?

BOSCH also has like regular platinums and platinum 2+ and platinum 4+...I may just go with 2+ next time shouldn't be that much more in cost.

jay

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I use spoon racing plugs. little costly but better for turbos.

F13

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
lude1sh said:

BOSCH also has like regular platinums and platinum 2+ and platinum 4+...I may just go with 2+ next time shouldn't be that much more in cost.

jay
ur kidding me right? i got 225 to the tank with them

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
lude1sh said:

jay
yea NGK's cost a grip at 2 bucks a sprak plug:rolleyes:

4X2 = 8 bucks...wow

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
lOOkatme said:
I use NGK plugs...1 step colder.

instead of the stock 6's replace the 6 with a 7 and thats the plug I have.
What's the difference in 6's and 7's? Are they gapped correctly for our cars or do you have to do it yourself?

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
i've got some ngk vpowers in my lude right now... but i was wondering if there is any benefit to getting iridium plugs

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
lOOkatme said:
yea NGK's cost a grip at 2 bucks a sprak plug:rolleyes:

4X2 = 8 bucks...wow
r those platnium or are they copper, if they're platnium ill send u 50 bucks and u get me a ton of them. here they are 10.25 a peice.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
GldCrzy said:
r those platnium or are they copper, if they're platnium ill send u 50 bucks and u get me a ton of them. here they are 10.25 a peice.
the ones I have a copper.....I believe.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
yeah platinums are mad expensive, I mean I gained 40 miles added on to my mileage before I switched.
before I was getting around 220 now I get about 250-260.

The bosch platinums seem to be okay but 500 miles later, I notice that my mileage isn't as it was in the beginning.

Ima try the platinum 2 which has those 2 prong ones instead of just the one...may not make much of diff.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just purchased Bosch Platinum +4 and they're great.. I've actually experienced an increase in gas mileage.. For example, I'm used to getting 190 miles out of half a tank of gas and now I'm getting anywhere from 220-260 miles per half tank (highway driving).. I paid $25.00 for 4.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts