Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE AN 00 SI BUT THE SHOCKS ARE BAD. I FEEL EVERY SINGLE BUMP AND HARD TOO! I RECENTLY BOUGHT IT AND WANT TO UPGRADE. WHAT BRAND DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE?

·
Registered
296 Posts
if you stop yelling there might be some people who will help you out. also everyone's different so you might feel stiff suspension setup comfortable while some people might not. which means what people tell you will not be exactly the same as what you feel about their setup. if you can find friends with aftermarket suspensions (not ebay tho) and see if you like them

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i have tein basics, the ride is like stock, but you can't really slam it.

i have the fronts on the lowest thread, and it's still a finger gap.

the rears you can drop big, but who wants lower in the back.

ksports are capable of slamming, hardcore.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn shift! You got some PMS problems! Anyways thanks for the input. I'll look into it. Thanks slow. Tien is out of the picture.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Damn shift! You got some PMS problems! Anyways thanks for the input. I'll look into it. Thanks slow. Tien is out of the picture.
good at least you found your caps lock :clappy
im not trying to be an asshole or anything. but you didn't have to call me a bitch!:bash haha sorry if i sounded mean.
and, like i said i think it would be a good idea to ride in cars with different setup to see if you like such setup. i don't know whole a lot about suspension yet and in fact my car is bonestock. i didn't pay for my car plus insurance so i can't do any mod or what so ever haha. i just can't wait until i buy my own car for the first time :(

B

·
0 Posts
tein s techs are the best hands down but with a low budget they aren't an option skunk2 coilovers are also pretty high with a low budget i would just go with some tokieko shocks and eibach springs that would ride well and look good for a low budget

B

·
0 Posts
^^^ Wow, is that another whip you saw in a random driveway and thought it'd be cool to take a pic of and claim as your own? Oh man are you cool...

actually this is my moms tahoe...dont worry you cant afford it..lol

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
actually this is my moms tahoe...dont worry you cant afford it..lol
Mmhmmm, and you bought it and pimped it out for her - MTV style, right?!? :rolleyes I'm sure I couldn't afford any of "your cars"...

As for the OP, are you looking to go with a full coilover or a lowering spring/strut package. That will affect what you're looking for too. Personally, I'd go w/ coilovers since you already need new shocks. I picked up a set of Function and Form Type Ones last week and should have 'em on the Civic w/in the next few weeks. The price is good and while they don't offer rebound/dampening adjustability they are height adjustable. What are you looking to do with your car - is it a DD, DD/weekend tracker, track slut only...that'll affect your choice too.

All I'll say is don't skimp out on your suspension - definitely one of the most important aspects of your car, both in terms of performance and comfortability...

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Well you need to consider what you want the car for (just street sportiness, overkill setup street ricer, or track bitch), and then what your budget is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts