Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 95 integra 4 door SE auto :eek: 1 owner with only 76k miles on it yesterday. It's white and has the gsr fat fives, since I guess only that year of special editions got the gsr wheels.

Anyways...I don't plan on racing my car or taking it to the track, since I just sold my suby wrx to help pay for college and stuff. Basically I just wanna make it look nice and maybe a few small bolt on's to help the "go" a little bit.

I wanna lower it, but don't want it slammed to the ground so what suspension setup would you recomend? I wanna get struts/shocks and springs at the same time since they are old anyways. Also, I don't want to spend a ton of money, but don't want the crappiest parts.

Also, I live in Washington (rainy state) so I guess CAI is out of the question. Would the AEM short ram intake do anything for me at all?

Thanks for any comments in advance. I'll try to post the car tomorrow, if anybody wants to give me any other advice to make it look nicer. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ya I don't want it slammed, but I do want most of the fender gap gone. I just don't want it so low that I have to go sideways over every single bump and stuff.

How much lower is the street kit compared to the pro kit?? What struts/shocks would work good with each of those?

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Nice to see a fellow Washingtonian!

The Pro-Kit won't lower enough to get rid of your fender gap... you'll have about a two-finger gap. I would suggest Neuspeed or H&R Sports with Koni Reds.

As for an intake, it's up to you. I do fine with a CAI around here. You can also go with the Comptech Icebox, which is sort of the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have any pictures of cars with either of those springs? Which are better Koni reds or KYB AGX struts/springs.

How much do neuspeed springs drop?

I heard that the H&R springs settle to almost 2" Isn't that a little too low?

What about eibach sport line springs?

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
tbcboo said:
Have any pictures of cars with either of those springs? Which are better Koni reds or KYB AGX struts/springs.

How much do neuspeed springs drop?

I heard that the H&R springs settle to almost 2" Isn't that a little too low?

What about eibach sport line springs?
IMO the Konis are better. The Neuspeed and H&R Sports are both advertised as 1.75F/1.5R drop. "Too low" is a subjective thing... I'm dropped 2.0" or just a hair more in front and I live with it just fine.

I've never liked the Eibach Pro-Kit or Sportlines really. Uneven drop and the rates are too progressive and too front-biased. I guess they're okay if you're not looking to do a lot of fast driving.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I think after reading up on a couple sites and looking at pictues and prices I'm goin with the H&R sports spings, cause they even out the gap a lot more and Kyb Agx shocks.

I found the springs on team-integras sponsor site for $150 and the shocks for $390 on a different one. I will probably have to get a front camber kit at least and I guess everyone says I can use washers for the back. I'm taking it in to get this done at a local performance shop so hopefully they would know how to do that.

Sound like an ok set-up for daily driving?

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
tbcboo said:
Well I think after reading up on a couple sites and looking at pictues and prices I'm goin with the H&R sports spings, cause they even out the gap a lot more and Kyb Agx shocks.

I found the springs on team-integras sponsor site for $150 and the shocks for $390 on a different one. I will probably have to get a front camber kit at least and I guess everyone says I can use washers for the back. I'm taking it in to get this done at a local performance shop so hopefully they would know how to do that.

Sound like an ok set-up for daily driving?
Sounds good. You don't need a camber kit, just get the toe set to zero when you get an alignment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.