Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some common swaps for a 91 Honda Civic? My friend just got one, but the motor has 180K on it and he is looking to swap it. Any recommendations for a swap? Whether it be a common, mild, or insane swap, I want to know everything that can be put into this car. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, okay I am looking to buy a '91 Civic hatch. the body is in good condition however the motor is fubar.

I am planing on doing a B16A1 swap. Also put on Slip differential on her.

Please tell me what you think and advice.

Thanks
sincerely,
Canada

·
Registered
471 Posts
common swaps on a 88-91 civic/crx are dpfi to mpfi, mini me, and zc. i haven't done any of these swaps, so i can't say the difficulty or hp gains. b16, b18, type r ,b20 ,h22 are intense and the difficulty is suppoesed to extremely difficult odb-0 to 0db-1,2 conversion, motor mounts, custom fabrication.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
guest said:
common swaps on a 88-91 civic/crx are dpfi to mpfi, mini me, and zc. i haven't done any of these swaps, so i can't say the difficulty or hp gains. b16, b18, type r ,b20 ,h22 are intense and the difficulty is suppoesed to extremely difficult odb-0 to 0db-1,2 conversion, motor mounts, custom fabrication.

i am going to have to disagree w/ you, the only swap you listed that is intense and difficult is the H22, all of the other motors can be run OBD-0 with the addition of the VTEC lines (where applicable) but you pretty much covered it, and to the original poster, you might find some better answers to this question in the CRX forum, try searching around in there because we have covered this a lot and you might find what you are looking for

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
guest said:
really, u can put b16, 18 etc. in and only have to wire up vtec basicly? i didn't no that huh. . . . awesome.

no, a mount kit is required as well as hammering a spot on the frame rail for the alternator pulley, but it is in no way a hard swap, the H22 is the only REALLY hard swap that you listed, the d-series will bolt right in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.