Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are almost all Honda throttle boddies interchangeable? I noticed that some are 60mm and the y8 is 56mm. Is it possible that I could get a b18 or b16 TB and bolt it right on?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Rep. I just wish I had know that before I put my y8 IM on. Damn. I even polished it before (runners and inside TB flange). I should have over size it then and there. Oh well. A 60mm wouldnt help that much, would it? Even if its turboed?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
478 Posts
i have nothing but 135+mph goodness to prove that my bone stock d16a6 loved the 60mm throttle body.

i personelly wouldnt stick anything bigger than a 60mm on a mild street car.

but it does work well. (only if u port match it as bamboo said)

youll notice a bit more throttle response mostly depending on what other modifications you have to take advantage of the extra throat capacity the motor will have.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I don't mean to be a thread stealer, but would a 60mm TB on my setup make a difference?

I have a Skunk2 IM, and valvetrain a with Skunk2 Stage 2 cam. I'm planning on going turbo by the end of summer and reusing the intake manifold.

·
Registered
478 Posts
if it made a difference on mine it should make more of one on yours with the right tuning

get the TB, and along with it, invest in a wideband o2 along with a DIY socketed ECU. head to the dyno.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts