Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
delsol912 said:
i'm planning to lower my car and I got the springs, but i'm wondering what the best type of shock out there that are cost around 250 and below ?
For that amount you can get a set of KYB's, Tokico, Bilstein, etc. which are all within your reach. Why not save up a little bit more so can get a set of adjustable shocks? You can probably get a set of KYB AGX's for around $300 if you can get a deal somewhere.

·
Registered
320 Posts
DEPENDS HOW LOW YOU WANNA GO? IF YOU GO LOWER THAN 2.5 INCHES I HIGHLY RECOMEND THE KONI SPORTS (YELLOW) THEY ARE 5 WAY ADJUSTABLE IN THE FRONT AND 3 WAY IN THE BACK, THE COST ABOUT $300 BUCKS A PAIR. IT'S WORTH IT IN THE LONG RUN, THEY WILL LAST YOU A LONG TIME.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
tokico blues? Personally I wouldn't buy those to replace stock shocks even if you weren't going to lower the car. I've heard a lot of bad things about them. IIRC, they are basically stock replacements. They are not good performance shocks.

Unfortunately it costs to do anything properly. Koni Yellows and Bilsteins are going to be the most reliable. KYB AGX would be my next suggestion. You will void the warranty on most other shocks on the market if you lower more than 1.5". I don't know if the KYB AGXs are even warrantied up to 2", but I've read good things about them.

So Koni Yellows are the best/most-reliable shocks out there for your drop, but they are a little pricey.

Given any thought to the h&r cup kit?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
delsol912 said:
this would be sound stupid, but what is the Cup kit ? and what is the purpose of it ? and where are ya think is the best website to buy shock ?
The cup kit is a shock/spring combo put together by h&r. It comes with koni yellows that have been revalved to h&r specs along with some custom h&r springs. So you get a perfect matched set. The cup kit is cheaper than buying koni yellows and springs seperately. I didn't know about the cup kit when I bought my konis and springs.

You can get a good deal on it at www.tirerack.com .

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
jdmhonda98 said:
DEPENDS HOW LOW YOU WANNA GO? IF YOU GO LOWER THAN 2.5 INCHES I HIGHLY RECOMEND THE KONI SPORTS (YELLOW) THEY ARE 5 WAY ADJUSTABLE IN THE FRONT AND 3 WAY IN THE BACK, THE COST ABOUT $300 BUCKS A PAIR. IT'S WORTH IT IN THE LONG RUN, THEY WILL LAST YOU A LONG TIME.
the yellows are infinetely adjustable. no nothces, no clicks, just a knob that you can set anywhere you want it.
groubuycenter.com often has them for $500 for a complete set.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
delsol912 said:
I will lower my car to 2.0 inches, and i was thinking about getting this shock right here.
tokico blues+lowering more than 1"= blown shocks
do yourself a favor and get some better shocks. you'll spend more but you'll save more in the long run.
just my 2 cents

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i thought the tokico blues are oem replacements. the koni reds are adjustable however you have to remove them and twist them every time you want to adjust them. imo they are better than oem replacement shocks and better than the blues. just my 2 cents

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.