Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Denso Iridium Plugs?

Hey,
I havn't had a chance to play with different plugs yet, but I've heard that the Denso Iridium Plugs are really nice. But they are a little on the expensive side. Has anyone had a chance to use these and have any idea how well they work??

I did get to use some of the bosche platium +4 plugs in my old car, and they worked pretty well, but I didn't get to use them for very long until I switched the car. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the OEM plugs in Honda's (at least in my del sol) are platinum. So switching to the plus 4 plugs may not give you a big increase.

· Registered
11,248 Posts
NGK's are what you will find in most hondas. Don't waste money on the denso iridiums. Most people only use those when they are goin turbo or supercharged. Even then, they could just get some colder NGKs. I've heard nothing but bad things about the bosch plugs. Not all engines work well with all plugs.

· Registered
140 Posts
As above, unless its a highly tuned and worked motor, stick to OEM plugs and change more regularly rather than the "high performance plugs"

Bren

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the NGK's are the best

i tryed , bosch and autolite platinum, and they caused the car to burn alot more gas. So today i bought the oem ngk's and on my usual run i burnt alot less gas.
by the way i installed them myself ,should i have gapped them fisrt ,or is it pre-gapped ????

· Registered
1,004 Posts
Re: the NGK's are the best

turbogobo said:
i tryed , bosch and autolite platinum, and they caused the car to burn alot more gas. So today i bought the oem ngk's and on my usual run i burnt alot less gas.
by the way i installed them myself ,should i have gapped them fisrt ,or is it pre-gapped ????
always check the gap

· Registered
9 Posts
NGK Iridium

I am using NGK Iridium since a friend gave me some to test.

Engine D16Z6 in a 4th Gen Hatch Civic.
Ported and polished head and running 18+ degree timing. Don't know exact because I just go to the point just before knocking.

Idle is smoother with iridium and feel the engine revs much freely.
Emissions was also down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.