Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im driving today in the '94 dohc sol on my way to work and it just konks out on me.... :bh :bh :bh :bh :bh

i check everything i can from a visible distance without getting too dirty...

battery's fine, try to turn the car on and it tries to turn on but doesnt kick over... :eek

i check my gas, 1/2 tank... but was a lil skeptical of the gauge so i walk to a near gas station and pour $3 worth of gas into it.. wait a min... try 7 more times to start... NOTHING :mad

i had to get the poor bitch towed less than a block to my mechanic :bye .. after checking everything out he tells me the ignitor switch is done on the b16a and its not gonna be cheap....

WTF??! :fear

then he tells me that some car companies say that they reimburse you if that part fails at some point in the car's life... :confused

has ANYONE heard of this... or for the most part has had this happen to them????? :(

somebody suggest something..please.
anything would help....

Latez

·
Registered
259 Posts
Not really any help here but my car has been taking forever to turn over, especially when i let it sit for 8+ hours, like durning school, when i leave the car takes about 15 seconds of 'key turning' time to turn over, so hopefully this isnt my problem if it isnt cheap.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn the MAN

ok.. so no more than 200 for the ignitor???
and the distributor for the b16 is around 200???
cuz i been hearing around 400... :eek
is that too much of an exaggeration for the b16 dohc?

this competely sucks a left testicle in my opinion... :bh

:mad

·
Registered
644 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.