Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
I need new tires on my 17's as well, and I'm 99% sure I'm going with the BFGoodrich G-force KDW-2's. They were rated the best in both wet and dry cornering, and I've had three friends that have them (one with a cobra, one a mach1, and one an STi) and they all LOVED them. I think i'm also gonna go with 215's instead of 205's too.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
i have yokohama prodigy's, but they're nothing extraordinary.

i had falken ziex 512's on my old car/rims and loved them, ESPECIALLY considering the price. better yet.... they're also ALL-SEASON, so in case you don't take the 17's off in the winter (idk anyone who does that tho :rolleyes )

i say you go for some falken azenis' :clap

·
Registered
444 Posts
twokexlv6coupe said:
i had falken ziex 512's on my old car/rims and loved them, ESPECIALLY considering the price. better yet.... they're also ALL-SEASON, so in case you don't take the 17's off in the winter (idk anyone who does that tho :rolleyes )
are the 512's really all season? I didn't think they were mud/snow rated? I'm also digging final ideas on tires. Did you have a chance to run them in normal snowfall? any issues beyond what you'd expect on a wide wheel?
djurchicprelude sorry, not trying to hijack your thread :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really wow, i hard the complete opposite on the G-force's. most reviews i read said they were horrible. and the azines will only last like 10k miles witch is defently a no no, i cant afford to change tires every 10k miles.... im leaning towards paradas again or the goodyear g3-d3 or the proxis t1-r

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
djurchicprelude said:
and the azines will only last like 10k miles witch is defently a no no, i cant afford to change tires every 10k miles....

but they'll handle like no-other for those 10k miles :number1

and i have not had any experience w/ the falken 512's in the snow, they were strictly summer tires/rims. but they're grip in the rain was surprisingly good!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hmmm, funny you said that. About 3 months ago when I started looking for tires, tirerack had them rated number 1 with great reviews. I just went back and now it's number 2, but with some pretty crappy reviews. This recent reviews could be because the tires really can't be used in anything under like 50 degrees for their potential to be shown. So i don't know, but like I said, my friends liked them. I suppose I'll give them a try, and then I'll let you all know for sure :number1

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
Sodikai said:
are the 512's really all season? I didn't think they were mud/snow rated? I'm also digging final ideas on tires. Did you have a chance to run them in normal snowfall? any issues beyond what you'd expect on a wide wheel?
djurchicprelude sorry, not trying to hijack your thread :D
It is fine in 1-3in of snow, but when it's 4+ you'll have a hard time. But nothing 5.2k can’t handle. i'm on 16 BTW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.